SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddW
    Then again if you are that level you most likely can afford someone who can help you $100,000 a month gross is still insane for someone who "works from home"
    It's really not "insane". It just takes a lot of research, trial and error, and most importantly, creativity. If you're promoting a specific product/service via affiliate marketing, and your site has the same sales pitch look and feel like 99% of the other sites out there, then of course you will be just a regular affiliate. But if you really give it that unique look, and only use the promotional types that you know work very well, then you are on your way to buying yourself a Ferrari in every color!

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Johansson
    Net is also quite a bit different from salary. But yes, absolutely. My point is merely that your salary is always WAY less than your gross, and that it's very unproductive to just talk "make 100000$/month" because that doesn't really mean anything.
    Sounds about right to me. As a Dell affiliate I sell over $100,000 a month of Dell products from my site so I can say "Yes, I do make over $100,000 a month" however, Dell only gives affiliates 1% of sales. So while I gross $100K, I only net $1,000. He he he.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto
    Sounds about right to me. As a Dell affiliate I sell over $100,000 a month of Dell products from my site so I can say "Yes, I do make over $100,000 a month" however, Dell only gives affiliates 1% of sales. So while I gross $100K, I only net $1,000. He he he.
    You should demand so much more from them, or better yet, find a new sponsor who's PCs you can sell. This is where hiring a private agency would work out pretty well, because they would get in contact with someone high up there at Dell and do a little wheeling and dealing gig for ya.

Massimiliano Bruno Giordano sid egg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May I ask where you find this Dell affiliate. I think I could sell a good count'a computers / month...
    GamesLib.com - the slickest, most complete and
    easily navigatible flash games site on the web.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Dell affiliate program is offer by Linkshare and CJ. Linkshare handles Dell Home and CJ does Dell SB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto
    You are not grossing $100,000 in your affiliate (cj) account. Dell is grossing $100,000 by the computers you sell. You are grossing $1000, and net well that's how much profit you have after you factor in your site's expenses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mook-Jon
    It's really not "insane". It just takes a lot of research, trial and error, and most importantly, creativity. If you're promoting a specific product/service via affiliate marketing, and your site has the same sales pitch look and feel like 99% of the other sites out there, then of course you will be just a regular affiliate. But if you really give it that unique look, and only use the promotional types that you know work very well, then you are on your way to buying yourself a Ferrari in every color!
    $100,000 a month personal business gross is insane... not ecommerce. but affiliate programs and advertising on your site(s).

Wanna-be Apple nut silver trophy M. Johansson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by john2k
    Was Johan Linderberg a paid CEO or was he running a company that he owned 100% of?
    I think he owned the Swedish distribution center, but he was "just" a paid CEO, which means that the figure is somewhat distorted.
    Mattias Johansson
    Short, Swedish, Web Developer

Buttons and Dog Tags with your custom design:
    FatStatement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Mook-Jon, you sure are an inspiration for me. I had a goal of earning 5k a month, and I am almost there. But after seeing what you have done, it seems like peanuts.

I will continue looking for that clue that will bring in the jackpot... the internet is a very competitive world now and finding a way of getting a decent income is getting harder every day, but if you did it, I'm sure I can also

Wanna-be Apple nut silver trophy M. Johansson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mook-Jon
    No offense, but $100,000 one-man personal gross using just affiliate programs is something I won't believe until I see proof of it. I'm not saying it can't be done, I just I won't believe it without evidence, or at least talking to some of the people doing it.

I've been running my first really successful internet business for the last year, and even though I'm targeting a really specific unsaturated niche and has more sales than I can handle, and it's still very, very complicated to grow it, much due to personal time constraints. As a business owner, I fail to see the practical logistics of handling $100,000 per month on a one man shop. Just managing the capital would take a considerable amount of time.
    Mattias Johansson
    Short, Swedish, Web Developer

Buttons and Dog Tags with your custom design:
    FatStatement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nitroy2k
    try to finde sombody who will pay you 100k to kill Bush ... or some other president
    Okay this thread and SitePoint just got put on the FBI's to watch list.
    Last edited by iwinweekly.com; May 23, 2005 at 07:32.
    Golf Outings? OutingCaddy.com
    Organize - Invite - Create Free website for your golf outing!

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a thread to start: "Gee guys, how do I get rich?"

If you need to ask such a general question - this business is not for you.

PS: Why would you listen to anything your 'Azoogle account manager' tells you. He just wants you to think Azoogle is the place to be. I'm surprised he didn't say several are trillionaires. You'd have believed it.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5StarAffiliates
    I'm an optimist but dont see a typical one man show affiliate making that kind of cash monthly. No way. They are talking about the BIG companies that are affiliates.
    Hi Linda, Kieron here from England.

I have to disagree with you on this one. I am a Limited company who has been running for a couple of years now. I am also a "one man show" and I make over 80k profit (approx $146k) every month purely from affiliate marketing.

Moreover I know a handful of affiliates in the UK who make similar amounts.

I don't know how much of this is to do with the UK affiliate market differing from the US market but it is very much achievable.

Cheers!
    Bingo | Poker | Credit Cards | Toys | Read my blog here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UKoffer
    Read my blog here. Kieron
    Cool to hear of your success Kieron. Welcome to Sitepoint. Also, love your blog and the music selections you end each post with.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenBauer
    Cool to hear of your success Kieron. Welcome to Sitepoint. Also, love your blog and the music selections you end each post with.
    Thanks mate. I don't really speak with many US affiliates so it will be good to get to know everyone here and trade ideas.

Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a way to make an entrance into the forum Kieron! Nice work.

Welcome! Come back often :-)

SitePoint Addict picasso-trigger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to disagree with you on this one. I am a Limited company who has been running for a couple of years now. I am also a "one man show" and I make over 80k profit (approx $146k) every month purely from affiliate marketing.

I don't know how much of this is to do with the UK affiliate market differing from the US market but it is very much achievable.

Cheers!
    have some pearls of wisdom?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kieron,

Kudos to you and a big warm SitePoint welcome! Congrats on your success.
    Yes I want to know your secrets too!

There probably are individual affiliates making over 100K a month from *all sources*, you are proof of that - but a single network? Not saying it can't happen, just saying probably it's bigger companies.

Great to know you are doing so well! Hope you stick around and participate with us.
    Linda Buquet :: Affiliate Management Consultant
    Discover High Paying, High Integrity 5 Star Affiliate Programs
    Leading Affiliate Marketing Blog :: Pro Affiliate Forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers!
    Congratulations!

Mostly with your UKOffer.com portal?

-Todd

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when we get a lot of content and Good information abt the topic. We get high traffic. When it is done we get high quality CPM ads by which I hope this can be achieved.

ALbert

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Linda,

I regular make over 50k ($91k) a month with one merchant, never mind one network. When things were really competitive around Christmas last year I made 112k (205k) with that same merchant each month. In fact I have around 3 merchants that I do this sort of volume with every month.

This is mainly due to the fact that I have built one site in particular to be an information resource for one very specific niche. It's very well known in the UK for this niche and has taken me over 3 years to build up.

I think that maybe one of the reasons why you find the 100k a month barrier unlikely is the different approach we have to affiliate marketing? My approach has always been to seek out programs that have a high CPA and then build sites and content around them. I therefore build whole new sites around say a group of 5 to 10 merchants. Another way in which I work is by pay per click. I spend a minimum; usually a lot more, of around 100k ($183k) per month on Google AdWords and Overture. Again it has taken years to reach this level of spend and lots of trial and error but was worth it in the end.

picasso-trigger: I'm happy to answer any specific queries you may have and help if I can.

ToddW: I get a decent amount of revenue from UKOffer but most comes from new mini sites I build to capitalise on new trends/products. One such example is www.thecrazyfrog.net which I knocked up to ride the current trend for the Crazy Frog download. I've now managed to work out some pay per click bids where I am regularly generating a 400% return on my spend on a daily basis.

Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have never have guessed it by looking at the site, 0 PR not many backlinks. But more power to you.
    Golf Outings? OutingCaddy.com
    Organize - Invite - Create Free website for your golf outing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iwinweekly.com
    I would have never have guessed it by looking at the site, 0 PR not many backlinks. But more power to you.
    As he said he is driving traffic/sales through SEM. PR and backlinks don't matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kieron,

Thanks for replying and sharing so freely more info about how you do what you do.
    I was just reading your blog. Congrats on the new Cadillac Escalade!
    Linda Buquet :: Affiliate Management Consultant
    Discover High Paying, High Integrity 5 Star Affiliate Programs
    Leading Affiliate Marketing Blog :: Pro Affiliate Forums

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Linda, you can't buy the Escalade here in the UK so had to import one in. Well worth it!!!

Cheers!