SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UKoffer
    Another way in which I work is by pay per click. I spend a minimum; usually a lot more, of around 100k ($183k) per month on Google AdWords and Overture.
    Wow, and I thought my $15k-$30k monthly advertising budget was a lot. But then again, I spread it around on all sorts of different media channels, and I also only focus on one specific type of CPA for semi-related industries. But hey, more power to you.

SitePoint Evangelist Chromate222's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UKOffer, Despite your crazy frog site (GRRRRRrrrrrrr I HATE that stupid frog!), welcome to sitepoint. It's nice to have someone else from the UK earning from affiliate progs. I've PM'd you.

SitePoint Zealot BirminghamHustle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As annoying as that crazy frog crap is, it pays. I just look at it as a necessary evil. And welcome to the community Kieron. Glad to have you aboard.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BirminghamHustle
    As annoying as that crazy frog crap is, it pays. I just look at it as a necessary evil. And welcome to the community Kieron. Glad to have you aboard.
    Thanks mate. For the record, I am no crazy frog fan at all but it does indeed make very good money so let's hope it lasts!

Cheers!
    Bingo | Poker | Credit Cards | Toys | Read my blog here

SitePoint Evangelist Chromate222's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed. Better on the web than on the TV every 5 seconds anyway lol

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see you locked up some precious domain names, poker.org,creditcard.org,bingo.org, pokeronline.org and some other good ones.

Thanks for the motivation!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys,

We do in fact have quite a few publishers that generate in excess of $100,000 in revenue per month. That's not to say that they are PROFITING $100,000 because they certainly have traffic acquisition costs, but it is very much possible to earn $100K per month and more and we've given away MANY level 5 rewards, (big screen tvs etc) over the years.

Alex
    Co-Founder, AzoogleAds
    http://www.AzoogleAds.com
    alex@azoogleads.com

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A publisher is not a publisher. It would be interesting to know how many of those raking in $100K are one-man-operations. But it is less likely that many of those who do will out themselves ;-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Net Profit is everything, Gross doesn't really count for much in online advertising.

But for NET PROFIT of 100k per month, set up a small temple and pray to God to achieve that.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let us face it, if you know enough to generate $100,000 in ad revenue and have the kind of traffic that will get you those numbers, it is not inconceivable, that if not today, maybe some time down the road, you will be generating those kind of figures as your net profit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think people are hung up on the fact that they think getting to the $100k/mo mark has to do with selling ad slots on their site, when really, all the guys I know doing this, are selling some type of product or service through affiliate/publisher networks. None of them sell CPM or PPC inventory, because the real money is in CPA, hands down. You definitely do not need 100 million uniques on your site, hell, some sites only get a few thousand a month, but their sites are so fine tuned with the product/service that their conversion rate is amazing. THAT should be the goal of affiliates. To make a site that does the majority of the convincing through honest, no bs reviews or article content about specific products/services so that the people surfing the site think to themselves "wow, I need to get that right now, where do I buy?", and poof, sale is made, commission is earned, and we repeat the entire process with the next person. This is also why getting paid out per lead can generate more money than CPM, PPC, and CPA put together, because it erases CPM from the mix, and combines PPC and CPA together, to say "alright, if they input some targeted information, to show they are interested then we'll pay out more than a measly 50 cents a click, but less than a $50 per sale commission", and by staying in the mid-level, the publisher can earn SO MUCH more than anyone else.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mook-Jon
    I think people are hung up on the fact that they think getting to the $100k/mo mark has to do with selling ad slots on their site, when really, all the guys I know doing this, are selling some type of product or service through affiliate/publisher networks. None of them sell CPM or PPC inventory, because the real money is in CPA, hands down. You definitely do not need 100 million uniques on your site, hell, some sites only get a few thousand a month, but their sites are so fine tuned with the product/service that their conversion rate is amazing. THAT should be the goal of affiliates.
    Hear hear. I see my role as an affiliate as twofold...

1. To gather and qualify potential customers that are looking for more information to make a purchase.

2. To present them with quality relevant content that aids their buying decision. Some may say that this is where the real expertise lies in affiliate marketing. In other words, a really good affiliate will pre-sell goods or services from a merchant(s) so that the purchase is easy and gives the customer what they want. This is how to achieve high conversion rates.

As I mainly operate via PPC I tend to look for programs that pay out a relatively high CPA of 20 plus ($36) per sale. That way I know I have a fair bit of margin to spend on my ppc ads and still generate a high ROI.

Cheers!

Forum Buyer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a question for all you affiliate gurus then...

When searching for an affiliate program to join do you go 3rd party via cj.com and linkshare or do you have your own method of finding high CPA affiliates?

Example I have a pretty high traffic iPod related site and I want a high CPA affiliate to sell to that niche. Where would you start looking for such an affiliate?
    Founder/Admin of a pretty decent chat forum
    Download free winterboard themes for your iPhone
    I run sites powered by vbulletin and one about the HTC Jetstream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    obvious question: have you tried those "win a free ipod" kind of ads?

Forum Buyer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking that but ive seen so many im thinking it's over saturated.
    Founder/Admin of a pretty decent chat forum
    Download free winterboard themes for your iPhone
    I run sites powered by vbulletin and one about the HTC Jetstream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most electronics stores pay their affiliates a very low percentage.

Your best choice would probably be to join Amazon and create some product links. Depending on your content your audience may not be apt to buy iPods themslevs if they alraedy have one. In that case you would want to push the accessories and downloads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give it a try, George... those smileys packs are well over saturated and I am earning $1,000 a month with them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To make 100,000 monthly you'll need 1,000,000 + impressions daily from something like 100,000 members or 50,000 members. In theory you could do that with a popular site.

lets say you pur pop ups , sky scrapper, and biggest banner possible.

you make (2+.35+.75)= 3.10 * 1000 cpm= 3,100 daily

3100*30 = 93,000 ! pretty close, and would be easier if you get really high cpm's also especially if you integrate adsense and other azgoogle affiliates. Nice dream though. Could easily be done with a very popular site, but how could you get that ? If you can you'll reach your goal with good management.

I'm sure myspace makes at least 10,000 daily as Intermix invested 5,000,000 only on management, improvement and servers., and they have deals with nbc tv shows and music, etc..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hpal
    To make 100,000 monthly you'll need 1,000,000 + impressions daily from something like 100,000 members or 50,000 members. In theory you could do that with a popular site.

lets say you pur pop ups , sky scrapper, and biggest banner possible.

you make (2+.35+.75)= 3.10 * 1000 cpm= 3,100 daily

3100*30 = 93,000 ! pretty close, and would be easier if you get really high cpm's also especially if you integrate adsense and other azgoogle affiliates. Nice dream though. Could easily be done with a very popular site, but how could you get that ? If you can you'll reach your goal with good management.

I'm sure myspace makes at least 10,000 daily as Intermix invested 5,000,000 only on management, improvement and servers., and they have deals with nbc tv shows and music, etc..

MySpace & FaceBook were just in the new Biz 2.0 and I believe myspace did ~12 million visitors last month! Facebook around 5... Crazy eh!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddW
    MySpace & FaceBook were just in the new Biz 2.0 and I believe myspace did ~12 million visitors last month! Facebook around 5... Crazy eh!
    then they may be making 50,000 $ + daily !!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeB.
    Example I have a pretty high traffic iPod related site and I want a high CPA affiliate to sell to that niche. Where would you start looking for such an affiliate?
    Amazon is a great place to start for electronics. Last Christmas I too had an iPod site up that was receiving high traffic levels. I mostly used Amazon links because at the time I could earn up to 10% per sale which was pretty decent commission in this sector.

One thing that you could try is to ask the merchant in question for a commission raise once you have proved yourself. Again on the same site I had links to the Apple Store via Tradedoubler and after a few weeks of showing then what I could generate in terms of traffic and sales I asked for a raise. I politely told them that in the current climate of high cost ppc I basically couldn't afford to promote them at the current % rate. Sure enough, when they knew that I could generate decent sales for them they came back with a "hidden tier" of an increased percentage.

You may be surprised to know that most affiliate programs have hidden tiers for top performers and that commisson rates/CPA's can be renegotiated.

Cheers!