SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newsletter Advertising Revenue?

A site has a daily newsletter, which is sent out to 8000 subscribers. Till now, we have put links to our sites, and have been happy enough with the traffic received from the newsletters. But I was wondering if there is any third party advertising network which has some sort of system for publishing ads on e-mail newsletters? I know of the auctions, and I know I can sell them privately, but are there good networks like Casalemedia? Sorry, but I am really ignorant about newsletters.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think there are any major CPM networks that will allow you to display their ads in email newsletters. One thing that you could do is have a shortened form of each article within your newsletter, then make the readers click through to your website to read all of it. That could generate some CPM revenue from the banners on your site. Within your newsletter, however, you're pretty much limited to CPA advertising programs, such as those available at CJ and AzoogleAds.
    -- Jeremy Maddock
    SEOMix.com - Search Engine Optimization Tips
    My Blog - Business, tech, and politics from a webmaster's perspective

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, we do make subscribers click through to read the content. Which is why we are pretty happy with the use of the newsletter.

The reason why I am so blank is probably that... there are no CPM networks. As for CPA, is there anything else other than CJ or Azoogle?

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that with ValueClick they have some program where you can include their ads in emails, but I'm not too sure.