User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie question about CJ and Linkshare

Hello all,

Let me first thank you everyone here at Sitepoint for sharing so much invaluable information. I have joined Sitepoint a few months back and have laernt so many things.

I am planning to start an affiliate site which would be my first. Some of the affiliate programs want you to join Commission Junction and Linkshare to participate in the program. I have also read in this forum that Commission Junction refuses many applicants. So my question is when an affiliate program sends you to CJ for registration, is there a chance of them rejecting me? Also does Linkshare turn down your application often?

Thank you guys and keep up the good work.

Badre.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Badre,

It depends on your site and geo location and varies by merchant, depending how strict their screening processes are. Some programs auto block affiliates from certain countries, some are on auto approval and accept anyone, some only accept nice sites that are in the same market niche. It really varies.

What type of affiliate site are you building? Focused on a certain market or more a general mall type site?
    Linda Buquet :: Affiliate Management Consultant
    Discover High Paying, High Integrity 5 Star Affiliate Programs
    Leading Affiliate Marketing Blog :: Pro Affiliate Forums

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Linda,

thank you for your response. I am located in the US. Also I am concentrating on a single product rather than having a general purpose mall type site.

Badre.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as your site complies with CJ's terms, I don't think you'll have a problem getting in. They don't have a minimum traffic requirement, after all, and when I first applied to CJ a few years ago, my site was pretty bad (actually that's an understatment), yet they accepted me without question.

Just try applying to both CJ and LinkShare, and see if you get in. My guess is that you'll be pleasantly surprised.
    -- Jeremy Maddock
    SEOMix.com - Search Engine Optimization Tips
    My Blog - Business, tech, and politics from a webmaster's perspective