User Tag List

Thread: Move in serps

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Move in serps

Big move up in the serps ..I did not know if this stuff really worked but..hard work is paying off....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccourt23
    Big move up in the serps ..I did not know if this stuff really worked but..hard work is paying off....
    Congratulations it's sometimes frustrating working and not knowing if it will help at all

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I had a site jump 278 positions yesterday with no SEO work done in a couple of months (another page jumped 127 spots). I've had things like this happen with other sites, too. It just re-inforces my opinion that a well-designed/optimized site can rise in the rankings on its own without having to actively promote it.

My old joke site site did that, too. I actively promoted one keyword and the rest just followed on their own until I was ranked highly for a majority of the keywords I was after. With that site I didn't do any SEO for almost 18 months. Every time Google did an "update" and everyone was hollaring how this update killed their rankings my site either stayed the same or rose in the rankings.

If only I could convince others to just design their site properly and to be patient....

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stymiee
    I had a site jump 278 positions yesterday with no SEO work done in a couple of months (another page jumped 127 spots). I've had things like this happen with other sites, too. It just re-inforces my opinion that a well-designed/optimized site can rise in the rankings on its own without having to actively promote it.

My old joke site site did that, too. I actively promoted one keyword and the rest just followed on their own until I was ranked highly for a majority of the keywords I was after. With that site I didn't do any SEO for almost 18 months. Every time Google did an "update" and everyone was hollaring how this update killed their rankings my site either stayed the same or rose in the rankings.

If only I could convince others to just design their site properly and to be patient....
    yes it is all about patients... though their still moving up today too at 4pm est a change upward.....

Though one of my other sites dropped, I am not disapointed because I have did any seo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stymiee

This reminds me of the popular story where everyone knows someone who smoked till they were 95 without any problems.

The reality though is that this is the exception and not rule

Simon