SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reciprocal links are dead? Does nomorelinks.com work?

http://www.nomorelinks.com/
    Ive just had a thought that this will seem like advertising but I just found this page in a SEO newsletter and I have no link with them. What do you all think, is this a good way to get a pages PR up? Is reciprocal linking as bad as they say?

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't think reciprocal linking is dead. I think the problem with it is this:

The other day someone sent me an inquiry about trading links. He does website design and illustration and so do I. Although his site wasn't as editorial correct as mine, his designs were better. So do I really want to clue my customers into a better designer in order to increase my page rank? It's a hard decision to make.

In other cases, sites that would give you a back link may not be in the same business as you. Those back links don't count for anything as far as page rank is concerned and the probability of one of their visitors clicking on them is minute.

What I didn't like about the site you posted is that it seems they choose who links to you and pass out your "full company information" to other sites. I'm not too sure I like that idea either. I like to be involved in every aspect of my site and am not too keen on letting someone else make any decisions.

However, if they are honest (and there were no testimonials to check out if they were) it looks like something that would work. Still, in my opinion, it's a pretty spendy way to increase page rank.

I think the best way to get relevant back links is to find the appropriate niche in directories and list your site there. Of course -- by the end of this thread a hundred people may tell me I'm wrong and why!
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown