SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something isnt right

Hi there, im rather confused with our adsense results and personally feel they should be a lot better than they are. The site displaying them is dwog.net and here is a link to our stats - ive edited some of it to make it compliant.

Stats

Any ideas where im going wrong? ive seen people who get half the impresions earning up to 10 dollars a day.

Thanks in advance
    John

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy KLB's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like it could be a problem with the topic of your webpages. Either there is a shortage of ads for your topics or the bid value isn't very high. Do you see lots of PSA ads or unfilled AdSense slots? Another possiblity is that the placement of your ads isn't very good or the color scheme isn't compatible with your site.
    Ken Barbalace: EnvironmentalChemistry.com (Blog, Careers)
    InternetSAR.org
    Volunteers Assist Search and Rescue via Internet
    My Firefox Theme: Classic Compact
    Based onFirefox's default theme but uses much less window space

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the reply, the eonly place we see the public service ads seems to be in the forums - on the main page they do display proper ads, the bid value i think may be letting it down, but is there anything i could do about that?
    Thanks again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We might be able to provide better advice, if you posted your website so that we could take a look at the problem.
    InternetSAR.org

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there, i did on my first question at the top of the thread - its dwog.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your problem may be that a lot of your impressions are coming from your forums. It is not uncommon for forums to have a very low click through rate. In addition, if you are getting a lot of PSAs on your forum that would significantly reduce your revenues.

Other problems I saw were:

1) you are using a fixed width on your main pages that is wider than many browsers. As a result, many users will never see your ads on the right hand side of your pages.

2) ads on main page are overwhelmed by everything else. In addition in my case, Adsense displayed the same banner ad on both of your skyscraper banners. To make matters worse, the graphic looked like eye candy graphics for your site and I didn't realize they actually led to anything.

While fixing the issues mentioned above will improve your results, I think in general, you will always have a hard time earning comparable earnings to sites that attract different demographics and have keywords with a higher bid value.
    InternetSAR.org