User Tag List

Thread: Table woes

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Table woes

I have a client that I'm doing some work for... I should probably preface by saying I didn't design this site initially. I'm only now going through trying to clean it up and make it validate (even if only 4.01 transitional) and get better in line to submit to search engines.

http://www.spinksbrowndurand.com/relocation.html

They use iFrames to display content and I want to remove them but the table layout is a little complex and I'm having a hard time getting the layout to stay while adding content to stretch the table cell.

Any ideas of how to restructure the layout to keep the look but allow for more content?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is redoing the image on the left an option?

Even if you made the rounded corner less "extensive" and moved the happy woman down to the bottom right a bit, you could widen the area used for content display.

Other than, perhaps go for a full screen, % based layout. Shouldn't be that hard with tables. There was lots of whitespace on my screen (Firefox).

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I think you should start with a clean sheet of papaer. The site is a non-starter from an accessibility point of view.

Try turning images off and you will see what I mean. How are you going to navigate the site now?