Thread: Website Value

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Website Value

Hey all,

I'd be interested in anyones opinion on this.

I had an idea for a new site about 12 months ago.

I had it built, and then kind of ran out of money for marketing it.

It had to be marketed to both free users and advertisers at the same time, & I just didn't have the cashflow for it.

Anyways, I did some SEO work on it in the early days. and now 9 months later, it is actually getting about 3000 to 5000 uniques a month.

Mainly through MSN and Yahoo Searches.

Long story short, a company has now basically had the same idea as mine, and built their own site. They have alot more money, and the site seems to be doing ok, (it looks and functions alot better than mine did).

Anyways, They are paying for clicks through Adwords, and some other advertising, so they obviously don't mind spending some money for marketing.

My question is this. How much, (if anything) do you think my site would be worth to them? The searchers are coming in on very specific searches, which is exactly their market. (local city name included)

Do you think I should look at selling them traffic on a per click basis, or just sell the whole site to them? and at what price?

I did put adsence on the site, but its only brining in a few dollars a day. Which makes sence when you consider what people are searching for on the site. I wouldn't expect them to click an ad. Its click throughs are only about 2 or 3%, where as other sites I show adwords on click throughs are 20 to 30%. So obviously adwords isn't working on that site.

Anyways, thanks for any input into deciding what to do with it....

Hamo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you offer your site to them, you are putting them in the power position. That may not be bad, in the end, but I would try alternate routes first. Ebay comes to mind. With a properly advertised sale that provides the right information, you could stand to make a good amount of money. On the other hand, if you just tried to hawk your site to your competitor, they would probably give you pennies on the dollar for what it's really worth.

fad (n): a craze; interest... Fahd's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, would you care to PM me the URL? Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    could you post the url plz