User Tag List

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mailing programs - help

hi there,
    I run a web site with about 800 registered users. Currently when I want to send notices to them i have to use 1st Mass Mailer. However, 1st Mass Mailer does not get by most spam filters.

How can I make it so that my users have to opt-in to receive my messages? This way they receive the messages that are sent to them instead of it going into their Junk folder. Right now part of the agreement is that they check off 'yes' to receiving emails in exchange for being on the site, but right now the way that I do it is save all the emails as a txt file and upload it to 1st Mass Mailer to have it sent out.

Any help would be appreciated.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone?

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use a service an autoresponder service such as emailaces.com or awebwer.com

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny190
    hi there,
    I run a web site with about 800 registered users. Currently when I want to send notices to them i have to use 1st Mass Mailer. However, 1st Mass Mailer does not get by most spam filters.

How can I make it so that my users have to opt-in to receive my messages? This way they receive the messages that are sent to them instead of it going into their Junk folder. Right now part of the agreement is that they check off 'yes' to receiving emails in exchange for being on the site, but right now the way that I do it is save all the emails as a txt file and upload it to 1st Mass Mailer to have it sent out.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Hey,

Well, the first and easiest thing to do would be to ask new users to "whitelist" you so you've got a better chance at getting your newsletter through to them.

However if your emails are getting blocked even though they're whitelisted, try using a service like Aweber or ConstantContact or 1shoppingcart. All offer services between $20 - $30 a month and you stand a better chance of getting mail from them through to your users.

HTH,

Steve
    Web Designer or Small Business Owner?
    Need More Leads and More Clients?
    Get Free Marketing Tips, Tricks and Ideas Here!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thank our software Hope Mailer could help you.
    Email Marketing Tips
    Nesox Solutions
    Provides newsletter / email marketing software for webmasters
    Looking for link exchanges...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

List-cast.com

List-cast.com has a nice newsletter feature and you can use try it for free (though they limit the number of recipients).

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your service DOES play a big role in whether or not your emails get filtered, however, what you say in those emails also plays a big role.

For example, if you use words like "free" in an email, you will acquire "points". If you go over a certain number of "points", then your email will be filtered.

That's somewhat over-simplifying the process, but the principle is there. The details will vary from spam filter to spam filter. Also, some phrases are attributed more "points" than other phrases.

I know 1shoppingcart has a feature that scans your outgoing broadcast emails for these "trigger phrases" and suggests that you change them or remove them.

Tim David
    http://www.TimsTIPS.com
    Techniques of Internet Promotion for Services