SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Selling template monster templates

Okay well so far while viewing this section of the forums, I have seen a few people selling template monster templates. One of them, I contacted and he said that because he bought the template, he has full resale rights? Is this true, because if so many people could buy the templates and make a fortune of them reselling.
    .: Currently None:.

Night Elf silver trophybronze trophy Varelse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Reselling TM templates is not allowed here. "Sell Your Template" Guidelines:

4. Only templates to which you are selling the EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS are permitted - the templates must be one-off and sold only once, globally, not just of SitePoint.
    So members doing so are breaking the rules and if this is confirmed such an auction thread is closed (removed).
    FreelanceDaddy - freelancer's personal advisor
    █ Guide and advice for freelancers starting their career
    █ Over 1000 projects posted on freelance markets every day
    █ One-stop resource for online freelancing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, you can not resell template monser templates. That person lied and I recommend reporting him to TM.

Although, I think you can transfer the template you purchased to another person in exchange for money. But this means that you'd have to delete the template from your computer and never use it again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlotch
    No, you can not resell template monser templates. That person lied and I recommend reporting him to TM.

Although, I think you can transfer the template you purchased to another person in exchange for money. But this means that you'd have to delete the template from your computer and never use it again.

Maybe that is what he was doing, transfering all of the rights to the buyer and deleting the template.
    .: Currently None:.

Gone!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you see someone selling a template that is publically available for sale on TM, here on SitePoint, please report the offending thread using the button and the thread will be dealt with.

True, however this is not permitted on SitePoint, unless you have purchased the unique rights on Template Monster, and are selling those rights (and lets face it - you are not goign to sell a TM unique from $30 ).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe he was an affliate?
    stay hungry, stay foolish.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Bleys's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by biggdesign
    maybe he was an affliate?
    Well, that would still be against the TM TOS unless he was selling through his affiliate link... and since affiliate links aren't allowed here, that would be a violation of our terms as well.
    Josh is an anomaly
    rails & work & twitter

Organization is the
    death of creativity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To bring up the topic once again . . .
    I don't think it's illegal to sell TemplateMonsterTemplates, aslong as you've bought it unique. If you look at the top of the TemplatePreviewWindow (On www.monstertemplate.com), you'll see "PRICE: 000 UNIQUEPRICE: 0000"

I think if it was bought unique, it is then removed off of the site, and you get complete and full rights to it.

I'm not sticking up for a TM seller, as he/she is most likely a theif as TM templates are worth over $1000 (Unique).

Just my opinion . . .

- Katasdf
    Chris
    This is probably mine --> Design Heights

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katasdf
    I think if it was bought unique, it is then removed off of the site, and you get complete and full rights to it.
    Yes, but it is very unlikely that someone would buy a $1000+ template from TM and then tries to sell it for less than $100.
    Community Guidelines | Community FAQ

"He that is kind is free, though he is a slave;
    he that is evil is a slave, though he be a king." - St. Augustine

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buying unique rights doesn't give you resale rights!

8. If I buy a template at the exclusive price does this allow me to resell that template unlimited times?

No. Please see our Terms and Conditions to find out more about usage rights.