User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Code for reward site

Hi Fellow Programmers,
    I need help to get a small piece of code. I need to track if a user of my site had signed up with my sponsor, so that I could properly reward him if he had signed up. I had asked a few of my friends, but none seemed to know how to do it.

I know that paidlead.com has managed to track who had signed up, without getting the information from sponsors, so how do I know who had signed up using php?

You want what? By when?? Milamber's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hrmm....

I don't think it is possible to do this without the consent of the other websites. I think there has to be SOME sort of agreement because the little bundle of data has to travel from their website to yours to let you know a person has signed up. ALSO, their site would have to know to let your site know that the person signing up came from you. I believe that whoever told you paidlead.com could do it with out the help of other people didn't really know. However, if that is true, please find out how they did that and let the rest of the community know....that'd be rather handy.
    -Jeff Minard | jrm.cc - Battlefield 2 Stats

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was once an advertiser with paidlead.com and they don't need anything from me to know that who signed up for my program, so I think they must have been able to collect information some way. There are lots more that had been able to implement the same thing, without needing any information from me.

I'm wondering how this can be done and I need it to start my new site. Please, any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    I found out that the urls that paidlead leads to are as follows:
    commission-junction-provided-link?SID=444

Maybe its the SID=444 that's working, but even so, I don't know how the rest of the work is done. I had seen milesource done the same thing, but I still don't get how the things are done. Hopefully, someone would be able to lend me help.

Please, if you have a clue on how this is done, please post.