SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need popunder script

I need a popunder script for one of my sites. I need the popunder to pop up fullpage site views.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was looking for a pop under script the other day. simply go to google and search for pop up html or something along those lines, and you'll find a ton of sites giving different code for pop under scripts.

i'm testing one of them out at the moment on my refinance site.

what i've found though is that most people are using IE and they have the pop up blocker automatically turned on, so most people won't see your pop under. i've found the same with firefox which i use most of the time.

i found a site the other day, which you pay about 10 dollars a month for, and they give you some new technology which allows you to pop up a box on top of the page - but it looks like it has been handwritten.

i'm going to be testing that out. apparently the conversions are brilliant as they have found a way of getting past the blockers.

nevertheless, try do the search on google, and you'll find tons of scripts for pop under code - it took me a couple of tries, and i found a javacript one which worked perfectly with what i was trying to achieve.
    Using Google Adsense? - You can make more with Adsense!
    Learn the Big 3 Giant Tips - www.AdsenseGiant.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats the company you are paying $10 a month for i would like to look more into them.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a1nerd
    Whats the company you are paying $10 a month for i would like to look more into them.
    Any word on this? I would also be very interested.
    The jelly is starting to fizz!

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need a popunder script for one of my sites. I need the popunder to pop up fullpage site views.
    The JavaScript forum or even Scripts and Online Services would've been more appropriate for a javascript request than the promotion forum.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The JavaScript forum or even Scripts and Online Services would've been more appropriate for a javascript request than the promotion forum.

Anyway, here's what I'd use for a simple full-page popunder:

Code:
    		function popUnder(url) {
    			w = screen.availWidth+1;
    			h = screen.availHeight+1;
    			args = "titlebar=0,toolbar=0,location=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=1,resizable=1,channelmode=0,directories=0,status=0,";
    			args += "width=" + w + ",height=" + h + ",";
    			args += "left=0,top=0";
    			newwin1 = window.open(url, "", args);
    			newwin1.blur();
    		}
    You can then call it in your body onLoad, onUnload, or a link, or whatever (ex <a href="javascriptopUnder('http://www.example.com')">Click Here To Create Popunder</a>).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put the script as is in the header of my site and it just threw a bunch of code at the top of my webpage. Could you show the code that i can put into the header of my site that will alow the full popunder on site load?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grossman

Anyway, here's what I'd use for a simple full-page popunder:

Code:
    		function popUnder(url) {
    			w = screen.availWidth+1;
    			h = screen.availHeight+1;
    			args = "titlebar=0,toolbar=0,location=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=1,resizable=1,channelmode=0,directories=0,status=0,";
    			args += "width=" + w + ",height=" + h + ",";
    			args += "left=0,top=0";
    			newwin1 = window.open(url, "", args);
    			newwin1.blur();
    		}
    You can then call it in your body onLoad, onUnload, or a link, or whatever (ex <a href="javascriptopUnder('http://www.example.com')">Click Here To Create Popunder</a>).