SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't print anymore

Over the weekend I decided to look at IE6 beta. I played with it for a little while then uninstalled it. All went fine. No errors and it restored IE5.5. Since I have done this, I can no longer print. I get some type of scripting error. The error really doesn't even say much. Something like "A scripting error has occured. Do you want to continue with this script?"

No matter what I choose, it won't work.

MS konwledge base wasn't much help either. This is on a Win2k professional machine.

Thanks

CDitty

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What kind of printer is it?

Have you tried printing from other applications aside from Internet Explorer?

Have you removed and reinstalled your printer drivers?
    Straight from the TP! And I don't mean the Trailer Park.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about that.

What kind of printer is it?
    Epson Stylus Color 400

Have you tried printing from other applications aside from Internet Explorer?
    Yes. Prints fine. Even printer test.

Have you removed and reinstalled your printer drivers?
    Yes. No difference.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allrighty i have a somewhat universal answer for IE problems that are goofy liek that.

First download the IE5.5 sp2 setup file
    Located here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.asp?

After you have the setup file on your local machine goto this website and download the appropriate IEradicator for your Operating System.

http://www.98lite.net/ieradicator.html

Running IEradicator will COMPLETELY eliminate every trace of Internet Explorer from Windows. Be sure to export your bookmarks first before running IEradicator.

After you eliminate IE goto IE5.5 sp2 setup file and run it. The advantage to this is normally IE is patched over and over again sometimes making it unstable. With this process you will get a one time solid build of Internet Explorer. This should fix your issue.
    Straight from the TP! And I don't mean the Trailer Park.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, I don't think these will work. I am on Win 2k and if I run the one for mine, I won't be able to reinstall.

I tried just downloading the IEsetup and running it, but it says it can't reach the server. I'll have to reboot and try it again. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Chris

Prolific Blogger silver trophy Technosailor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, lol, this is my input based on experience. NEVER EVER EVEN IF YOUR MOTHER'S LIFE DEPENDS ON IT INSTALL A BETA FROM MICROSOFT ON YOUR MACHINE...EVER EVER EVER. LOL

I downloaded and installed IE6 beta on my machine and ended up with all kinds of problems from missing emails to missing portions of emails to dropped connections, etc. The way I solved my problems (hint: installing an older version of IE does NOT necessarily solve your problems) is editing different DLL files. Now the only way I found out which DLL files to edit and what to do was to hit the Microsoft newsgroups. go to microsoft.co, hover over the Support menu in the upper right, select the middle option....Support options I believe and when th apge load, click on newsgroups on the left. I was amazed how many people had the same problems as me. Give it a whirl.

Sketch
    Aaron Brazell
    Technosailor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip, but I couldn't find anything. I searched through several newsgroups including the MSDN site and couldn't find anything.

Thanks for the tip. Any other ideas?

Chris