SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Google Image Ads

Have any of you guys had any positive results using Google's banner/image ads as an alternative to their text-based options?

I figured I may try for a few days using their banners (the 728*90 let's say). Are the ads as well paying as the text spots? Obviously considering only one ad is shown, but all things as equal as possible, and trying to compare apples to oranges, what's your experience with Google's image ads?

Thanks for any input.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that visitors click faster on text links then on image ads, therefore converting better! Also it will show only one image ad at a time, in case of text ads it will be several. This means more choice for your visitors! Personnaly, I prefer text ads.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't get good results with image ads. I think text ads perform much better for cpp, image ads are better for cpm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Image ads look just like a banner, and we all know about banner blindness....

I'll just stick to text ads, they get much more clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends on the content, For some sites for example they had the free psp banners once the psp was released and everyone clicked on it. So you'll have to choose the right content to do so .

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my market there are very few image banners at the moment and in most cases it returns PSAs. I would try them out and see if your market is different. It's a good idea to leave the option for both image and text ads marked, because eventually the CPM advertisements will start coming and those are paid at a min of $2CPM, although no revenue split percentage information is given.
    WebmasterSE.com - Vertical Search Engine for Webmasters

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My problem is on one of the sites I am considering using Google image ads, is because it's not showing very relevant ads in text. There is nothing I can do because it's like a forum (it's not, but like one) where there is no way I can really target because so much misc text is on each page. I know Google is obviously best with targeted pages, but that's just not an option. I am aware of FastClick and all the rest of general filler CPM but figured I'd try Google image ads. They definately can't be worst for me than their text ads.

The Mind's I ® silver trophy Dark Tranquility's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Text ads are making better for me too