User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3600 daly wooow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by azel
    Over 1GBP. More than 1000 terabyte. They have around 23 servers or something and 16 servers with two load balancers at 1 company on a 1gbit connection.

The 16 servers/load balancer gbit connection costs 30k a month. And then the 6-10 other seperate servers also cost money. So its probably somewhere between 30-40k

Videos only sites require plenty of bandwidth and fast connections.

...and this is where those free hosting places that everyone is talking about should come in!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by john2k
    So you mean basically taking a popular site and just placing ad network code in various places... then just site back and collect the $$ from the ads? I suppose that could be considered easy... but my guess is that most really popular sites take a good amount of work. There's a lot of work to be done to maintain a monster of a site.

I could see it being extremely easy for someone who has a domain with a huge amount of type-in traffic for a very targeted and valuable product / service or whatever. Then just put up a single static html page with a little bit of content, affiliate links, ad network banners, etc.... and sit back and collect all the $$$$. Now that would be really easy... (I wish domains didn't cost $100 back in the day... I would have had so many great domains with type-in traffic... but, $100 per domain was too much for me to afford while in college... if the same domains were available now I would buy them all up at $100 each... )
    you're right, but again that's not really what i was saying. If i have an extremely popular site(legal), i can very easily monetize it... it doesn't mean i won't have to work hard on the site to keep it up in the future(or have worked hard in the past), or keep user interest.

i find it hard to believe big-boys costs that much. maybe 10K, but 30-40 is ridiculous.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylecl
    you're right, but again that's not really what i was saying. If i have an extremely popular site(legal), i can very easily monetize it... it doesn't mean i won't have to work hard on the site to keep it up in the future(or have worked hard in the past), or keep user interest.

i find it hard to believe big-boys costs that much. maybe 10K, but 30-40 is ridiculous.
    the average 100mbit server substained throughout the full month costs between 2000-3000 u.s dollar.

that's 30 terabytes of traffic for a month.
    If your site has 1000 terabyte of traffic. you will need 1000:30= 33 servers of them to have the ability for 1000 terabyte substained through the month.
    33x 2000=66k a month. But since u order multiple servers you have a discount and u will need load balancers in order for the servers to function as a 1gbit connection.

So 30k/40k is more than correct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hpal
    I was reading the web and found a guy with proof. he made 3600 everyday for a month then slowed down to about 1600 for the rest of the year. he made over 370,000 last year. it was on the webmaster forums i think. crazy stuff, but how could he do that ? He mentioned that he only made it from 2 sites !
    If he made $3600/day for a month, and $1600 for the rest of year, he'd be WELL over $370,000. We're talking nearly $700,000.

As a math fan, I just had to point that out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love these threads.... I get a kick out of all the millionaires. If you want to know the stats of big-boys.com.

Here ya go. Its nice but its not making 500k a day LOL. These are for the text links on the site but it shows impression numbers and Repurchase rate: 28.21%. They use TribalFussion for the banners.

http://www.adbrite.com/mb/commerce/p...oduct_id=14143
    Last edited by iwinweekly.com; May 18, 2005 at 15:03.
    Golf Outings? OutingCaddy.com
    Organize - Invite - Create Free website for your golf outing!