User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3600 daly wooow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3600 daly wooow

I was reading the web and found a guy with proof. he made 3600 everyday for a month then slowed down to about 1600 for the rest of the year. he made over 370,000 last year. it was on the webmaster forums i think. crazy stuff, but how could he do that ? He mentioned that he only made it from 2 sites !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so if he owned like addictinggames.com and miniclip.com, two sites, you don't think he could make that kind of money? maybe even millions?

it's horribly easy to make that much if you've got popular sites.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3600 ain't nothing if you have a really popular site.
    Our Sites: Arcade Muffin | Viefex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SWD
    3600 ain't nothing if you have a really popular site.
    is there anyone in here that makes tis much, and what ad network is going to pay you that much ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dude.... alot of people here make this much.

they arn't special ad networks. logically if you have a huge site, you're going to have a huge amount of ads served, which is alot of money. the ad networks will pay you as long as they have ads, it isn't a multi billion dollar market for nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylecl
    dude.... alot of people here make this much.

they arn't special ad networks. logically if you have a huge site, you're going to have a huge amount of ads served, which is alot of money. the ad networks will pay you as long as they have ads, it isn't a multi billion dollar market for nothing.
    above 3500 daily, I could not imagine a site unless it was like myspace, etc..

could you point me to a thread in here ?

fad (n): a craze; interest... Fahd's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, happen to know the sites?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was reading the web and found a guy with proof. he made 3600 everyday for a month then slowed down to about 1600 for the rest of the year. he made over 370,000 last year. it was on the webmaster forums i think. crazy stuff, but how could he do that ? He mentioned that he only made it from 2 sites !
    It's perfectly possible, but it takes a lot of work to get to that point, and very few individual webmasters can actually manage it by themselves. What kind of proof did this guy give you anyway?
    -- Jeremy Maddock
    SEOMix.com - Search Engine Optimization Tips
    My Blog - Business, tech, and politics from a webmaster's perspective

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    site's like myspace i would think make ALOT more than 3500 a a day man.

Wouldn't they do their own ads? i'd think their revenue would be in the millions.

you could make about $3500 a day with maybe 500,000 uniques per day, using maybe fastclick and adsense, pop ups every 24 hours. with a decent ecpm on adsense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    look at big-boys.com and sites like this.. 500k a day. easy to make this kind of money. i think they get like 3k a week for banner ads..
    Kevin
    Apache-Forum.com Apache-Forum.com

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's horribly easy to make that much if you've got popular sites
    After all the long hours, hard work, all nighters... I suppose once the checks arrive it could be considered "easy"... maybe "easy" to cash them, but I doubt it was easy to get there
    For HTML Help visit: HTML Help Central
    For Graphic Design help visit: GFXVoid.com
    If you're a GEEK then go where geeks go....

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you browse through other webmaster forums you can read about some people earning $x.xxx on a daily basis. However, in many cases those earnings are relatively volatile as they are being earned through PPC bids on major keywords.

In order to earn 'thousands of dollars a day' with a regular website you probably need a large site with many repeat visitors or extremely valuable visitors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also bet there are people making a lot more. My best performing site can make up to 200$ per day from only 200 - 300 visitors so 3500$ is probably nothing compared to some of what the really successfull webmasters can make. There seems to to be no limit to how much money one guy can make off the net. The best I heard so far was one guy making 6 figures a day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have sites that don't rely on advertising dollars and make far more than $3600 a day. If you have a website that targets one specific CPA type product/service you can make more in a month than most people make in a year. I think it's silly to always settle for just charging for ad space, do something with the empty space you have, try getting some information from your users and then use that to target them with a good lead program that's easy to use, and has a decent payout. You can definitely clear the $1,000/day status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jon, do you care to release some URLs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by john2k
    After all the long hours, hard work, all nighters... I suppose once the checks arrive it could be considered "easy"... maybe "easy" to cash them, but I doubt it was easy to get there
    no... that wasn't my point, it's not about how you get there. i was saying if you have a popular site it's extremely easy to make a killing off of it. How long you spent working the site up is another thing.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen proof of 25K a day. Not only did I see check stubs and screenshots, but I saw his driveway. It was definitely inspiration.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpipe
    look at big-boys.com and sites like this.. 500k a day. easy to make this kind of money. i think they get like 3k a week for banner ads..
    I wonder how much their hosting is though

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no... that wasn't my point, it's not about how you get there. i was saying if you have a popular site it's extremely easy to make a killing off of it. How long you spent working the site up is another thing.
    So you mean basically taking a popular site and just placing ad network code in various places... then just site back and collect the $$ from the ads? I suppose that could be considered easy... but my guess is that most really popular sites take a good amount of work. There's a lot of work to be done to maintain a monster of a site.

I could see it being extremely easy for someone who has a domain with a huge amount of type-in traffic for a very targeted and valuable product / service or whatever. Then just put up a single static html page with a little bit of content, affiliate links, ad network banners, etc.... and sit back and collect all the $$$$. Now that would be really easy... (I wish domains didn't cost $100 back in the day... I would have had so many great domains with type-in traffic... but, $100 per domain was too much for me to afford while in college... if the same domains were available now I would buy them all up at $100 each... )
    For HTML Help visit: HTML Help Central
    For Graphic Design help visit: GFXVoid.com
    If you're a GEEK then go where geeks go....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The clue is to get loads of traffic. I have a minisite that has a very nice CTR and clicks pay a bit over one buck. If only I could get decent traffic I would be earning thousands...

But I'm only well ranked at MSN, and get 20 lousy visitors per day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    damn i wish i was making that much!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by john2k
    So you mean basically taking a popular site and just placing ad network code in various places... then just site back and collect the $$ from the ads? I suppose that could be considered easy... but my guess is that most really popular sites take a good amount of work. There's a lot of work to be done to maintain a monster of a site.

I could see it being extremely easy for someone who has a domain with a huge amount of type-in traffic for a very targeted and valuable product / service or whatever. Then just put up a single static html page with a little bit of content, affiliate links, ad network banners, etc.... and sit back and collect all the $$$$. Now that would be really easy... (I wish domains didn't cost $100 back in the day... I would have had so many great domains with type-in traffic... but, $100 per domain was too much for me to afford while in college... if the same domains were available now I would buy them all up at $100 each... )
    i own a domain for a few years and i put 1 static page on it and banner link to a sponsor. the page gets ~200 unique typeins a month and earns ~ $200 and i do not have to do anything to it.
    LED Scroller Generator | Arcade Top List
    Myspace Layouts |
    Looking for quality Myspace link exchanges, PM for more info

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brizzad
    I wonder how much their hosting is though
    Big-Boys.com sever costs are over 30k a month.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by azel
    Big-Boys.com sever costs are over 30k a month.
    How much bandwidth are they using per month on average?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mook-Jon
    How much bandwidth are they using per month on average?

Over 1GBP. More than 1000 terabyte. They have around 23 servers or something and 16 servers with two load balancers at 1 company on a 1gbit connection.

The 16 servers/load balancer gbit connection costs 30k a month. And then the 6-10 other seperate servers also cost money. So its probably somewhere between 30-40k

Videos only sites require plenty of bandwidth and fast connections.