SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AdSense "preloading"...

...not what you are thinking.

Anyway, I heard many suggest that just after you place AdSense on some pages, you should browse those pages to make Google-Mediapartners aware of the pages so they can do their thing and be prepared for the next guy.

What if you plan on placing AdSense on a boatload of pages on the leaf web pages of a directory of sorts. Would it be wise to run a tool like a web site load tester/link checker and have it check all your pages as a "user" to "stimulate" the Google-Mediapartners bot? This of course assumes you use the correct tool that supports the "user" experience/simulation.

Finally, what would this trigger in the eyes of AdSense in terms of a large, initial burst of impressions with zero clicks and thusly a very cr@ppy CTR to start off with (especially in terms of a relatively new site when it does go live). I know things are grouped by the day in AdSense, but what about history and how that could possibly play into SmartPricing in the future of each particular channel?

I know about the possible penalty for large increases in content, etc. as hinted at in the recent patent discussion, so no need to mention that.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For pages never viewed before, now Google crawls the page a second before it loads the first time with the ads, and then shows ads for the page, if it has any.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. That is good to know and how I hoped it would work. I think the posts I read about in my post above were quite a few months old.