SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Adding Google Searches

Since Google added the Search Adsense program, I decided to use the feature on some sites.

I removed the previous search feature (vBulletin Search) that was part of the website and in replace added the Adsense search feature.

Was it a good idea? What I am more concerned is that the Adsense search will have an affect on the pagerank of the website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont know how adsense will affect pr but according to google its adsense program is completely different then search engine program. i dont its a good idea to get rid of vbulletin search since the adsense search appliance relies on google's index of your site which may not always be up to date, thus depriving your users recent and accurate results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google searchboxes aren't at all effective for searching within a forum. You might want to include a Google searchbox at the bottom of each page so that your visitors can search the web (and earn you a bit of money), but it's definately best to keep the vBulletin search feature turned on as well.
    -- Jeremy Maddock
    SEOMix.com - Search Engine Optimization Tips
    My Blog - Business, tech, and politics from a webmaster's perspective