SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking How would you spend $2000 for marketing your website?

Hi My name is Laszlo. I just finished publishing my first website to the net. Well I have been working on it almost for a year in my free time. I know I still have lots of work to do and one of the important tasks is search engine Optimization.

I was trying to do my best in optimizing the meta tags, pages and links on my site but it is time to get some serious links to my website. Yes I am willing to pay for the incoming links and decided that I have a budget of $ 2000 for the start. I would like to ask you, experts, if it was your website how would you spend this money on a wise way?
    I am looking for opinions on yahoo, open directory, Find-what, and other directories and search engines (either free or paid) and link purchasing strategies from relevant websites.
    And basically I will thank and highly appreciate any kind of help, according to improving my site and how should I spend this marketing budget.

Thank you for your help and wish you the best Laszlo Sztancs.
    http://www.1printer-supply.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you are just starting out with marketing your site, you need to split that $2,000 between a bunch of small test campaigns to see what works and what doesn't. Try putting dividing your money between paid inclusion directories, buying backlinks, additional search engine optimization, and PPC advertising. Also, be sure to get yourself a good ad tracker so you can see which campaigns are bringing in the best results.

Good luck!
    -- Jeremy Maddock
    SEOMix.com - Search Engine Optimization Tips
    My Blog - Business, tech, and politics from a webmaster's perspective

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if that printer site is in question i think you should pay 500$ for new design... dont get me wrong but this site looks very unprofesinal and many peopel will leave it emidiatly when they get to it... you could try to make better design it can improve sales 500% .. if u are going allready to pay for advertiesing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nitroy2k
    if that printer site is in question i think you should pay 500$ for new design... dont get me wrong but this site looks very unprofesinal and many peopel will leave it emidiatly when they get to it... you could try to make better design it can improve sales 500% .. if u are going allready to pay for advertiesing
    Though I have a hard time reading what you just said, I agree with what I could make out of it. A design can make the difference, I wouldn't order an expensive product on a site that doesn't look professional.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And divide your budget accordingly, don't spend all 2k in a month or so. You need to be continuous with your ad campaign, that way only it will create an impact on your potential customers. People will not remember your ads etc at the first few glances. But if it keeps repeating, let's say for 3 months or 6 months or more, that address will be injected into their brain subconciously.

And then if they ever need a printer, voila! Your company is the first to show up.
    UploadPro.org - Version 2 launched.