SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Microsoft Exchange 5.5

I was wondering if any of you know a way to send mail throgh Exchange via a standard SMTP server? The problem is I have to send mail via the company's exchange server with PHP, and PHP I believe will want the smtp server to be specified in php.ini.

Or perhaps there's a way to interface with Exchange directly?

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you rephrase the question? A good friend of mine is an Exchange Administrator so if you can dumb down your question to where i understand it ill get him to answer it.
    Straight from the TP! And I don't mean the Trailer Park.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!

I'll do my best
    Is there a way to get Exchange to send email via SMTP rather than through their proprietary interface (ie Outlook)?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i found an example on the Microsoft KB where they configure addressing for CCmail via smtp. I fairly sure what your asking can be done but this is the only example i found. I will ask my friend tonight and give you his response.

XFOR: Addressing SMTP Mail from cc:Mail to Route by Means of Internet Mail Service

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The information in this article applies to:

Microsoft Exchange Server, versions 5.0, 5.5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUMMARY
    The Microsoft Exchange Server Internet Mail Service can be used as a gateway for users on a Lotus cc:Mail system to send e-mail to the Internet. This article explains how cc:Mail clients need to address messages that they want to send to the Internet by means of the Exchange Server Internet Mail Service.

MORE INFORMATION
    To use the Internet Mail Service as the gateway to the Internet, the Microsoft Exchange Connector for Lotus cc:Mail (CCMC) must be installed and configured on the Exchange Server computer and mail must flow between Exchange Server and cc:Mail. Additionally, the Internet Mail Service must be configured and running. This article assumes that the Connector for cc:Mail and the Internet Mail Service are already installed and configured.

When a cc:Mail client sends a message to an Internet or Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) address, the cc:Mail post office must be able to route SMTP mail messages to the Connector for cc:Mail. To address a message that you want to send from cc:Mail to the Internet by means of Exchange Server, use one of the two following methods:

Append the name of the Connector for cc:Mail to the end of the SMTP address. For example, if the name of the Connector for cc:Mail is Exchange, the SMTP message address is as follows:

user@domain.com at exchange
    Type the name of Connector for cc:Mail first followed by a colon and then add the SMTP address. For example, if the name of the Connector for cc:Mail is Exchange, then the SMTP message address is as follows:

exchange: user@domain.com
    NOTE: You can determine the name of the Connector for cc:Mail by performing the following steps:
    In the Exchange Server Administrator program, click the Configuration container, and then click Site Addressing.

In the Site Addressing properties, click the Site Addressing tab.

On the Site Addressing tab, the name of the Connector for cc:Mail is the value that is in the address type for CCMAIL.

Additional query words: IMS

Keywords : exc5 exc55
    Issue type : kbinfo
    Technology : kbExchangeSearch kbExchange500 kbExchange550 kbZNotKeyword2
    Straight from the TP! And I don't mean the Trailer Park.