SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there was a sudden change in internet advertising,would you be ready?

I was just thinking if if there was a sudden change in the online advertising market like more restrictions on spyware/adware from the goverment,more powerful pop up blockers or something like the software from norton that will be able to block ads.Myabe even other software that we dont know the power of yet. Are you ready for change? To switch to different forms of advertising or affiliate programs? Right now most of my sites run 2 banners a peice and I sell some text links.I would lose about 20% a month if somehow these banners were blocked out,would not be a huge problem for my site but others may feel A big pinch.So whats your plan of action is any of this or worse should happen?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had major shifts in the internet effect me numerous times... I've always came back stronger with more diverse streams of income. It sucks.. but you can't learn to walk until you've fallen a few times, and you can't run until you've learned to walk.
    *WRITERS* Create How To Guides and articles and get
    75% of the MONEY it makes via Adsense forever!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would YOU need to be ready? Its the advertising networks that need to be ready.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats true, all we need to do is put a simply html code and were golden..
    How does that make your feel?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would affect all parties (publishers, anvertisers, and networks) to some degree, but in very different ways. A major change in the internet advertising industry might be beneficial for some online businesses, while decimating others.

The internet marketing industry is very dynamic, and changes all the time. Because of this, big changes are very hard to predict and plan for. In many cases, we just have to take it as it comes.
    -- Jeremy Maddock
    SEOMix.com - Search Engine Optimization Tips
    My Blog - Business, tech, and politics from a webmaster's perspective

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Change ALWAYS sucks at first, if not entirely ...IMO.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Change is good. Everything changes and the Internet is no exception to this rule, although it changes at a faster pace. However, I wouldn't see this as a disadvantage. One should rather see this as an opportunity and exploit it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if you do not deal with change well and are loosing income to your site due to pop blockers I might be of service. I have technology that gets your site based pops around blockers. This is not a layover method or a rich media format. This could be a solution for you if your advertising network has failed to address the issues and you continue to loose profits. Let me know if anyone is interested in a demo.

JeremyUV