User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Bleys's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kohoutek
    A blacklist from the moderators, not us.
    We sort of already have that, privately. If someone breaks a rule, screws someone over, gets and excessive ammount of complaints, etc. we make a note of it. But I really don't think there's any chance of opening any of that up publicly. The ammount of flames and whining and complaing that could cause just isn't worth the possible (and small, in my opinion) benefits.

But do know that we are aware of the usual suspects and keep our eyes on them. And of course, as has been said, always report anything you feel needs to be reported and we'll look into it. (Well, I won't, since I'm not a moderator, but someone will ).
    Josh is a ghost
    rails & work & twitter

Organization is the
    death of creativity.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phacker
    I think the location field should be mandatory, so at least we know where the folks we are dealing with are located.
    That's completely unenforcable though. I could still put Sweden in my profile even though I live in the US. Or I could simply put "North America" or "Earth" or a bunch of spaces, and what good would that do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe so, but if folks are really serious about networking I don't know why they are afraid of saying what part of the world they are from. I for one am a night owl, and sometimes it's informative to know if someone else is up all night or getting up in the morning fresh and rested. Sure I don't give the name of the town I live in, but at least you know what coast I am on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe so, but if folks are really serious about networking I don't know why they are afraid of saying what part of the world they are from.
    Some people are reserved and they like their privacy. Though, I always liked this idea, it would be hard to enforce for the reasons Vinnie posted.
    Community Guidelines | Community FAQ

"He that is kind is free, though he is a slave;
    he that is evil is a slave, though he be a king." - St. Augustine

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Bleys's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe so, but if folks are really serious about networking I don't know why they are afraid of saying what part of the world they are from.
    But nothing is stopping them from filling it in with correct info now. So making the field mandatory doesn't really do anything ... except create an annoyance for people who don't want to give their location info for whatever reason.
    Josh is a ghost
    rails & work & twitter

Organization is the
    death of creativity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough it's not a big issue.

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's good to see threads like these popping up. It shows that the members care about the Community and are trying to find ways to resolve issues. I am certainly reading this thread avidly and some of the ideas that have been banded about may be the solution to some of our predicaments at the moment. Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far.

As has been mentioned previously, please ensure that for the time being you make use of the Report a Post feature. It has been highlighted that we may have to change the wording on the warning for that so I will look into it.

I would also like to point out that I am listed as a moderator for EVERY forum so I receive every single reported post as does MMJ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shyflower, thanks for taking the first step to open this discussion.

The designers on this forum is very professional, and I wish all the contest holders have at least the same quality of professionalism in their feedbacks.

Such as the toro/loadedtees contest, designers put their effort but end up having rude feedbacks.

It is sometimes very discouraging, especially to some new designers on the forum.

By the way I think we need a good reputation system ...sort of like ebay's, if contestant holder has a succesful competition complete, he will receive a reputation/review from the winner. (something along this line).
    ichi

IchiStudio Graphic Design
    IchiStudio :: IchiStudio Portfolio