SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned From Google By Loading Own Page

I was just reading over the Google terms and conditions. Couldn't find anything regarding this:

Fastclick's terms say that if you surf your own pages you can be banned.

Now that Google pays by the impression I am wondering if they do/will have something like that in place.

I have to load a lot of my pages on a daily basis to administrate some of my sites. I would hate to be banned by Google.

Does anybody know if there are any Google terms similar to Fastclick's?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Google
    Thank you for taking the time to write to us with your thoughts on our new release.

To prevent invalid ad impressions, Google uses the same sophisticated technology that we use to prevent invalid clicks. Although AdSense publishers are not permitted to click on their own cost-per-click ads, they are permitted to view the cost-per-thousand-impression (CPM) ads on their own websites without the risk of creating invalid ad impressions. We constantly monitor all click and impression activity for sites displaying Google ads to ensure that no invalid impressions are charged to our advertisers.
    dot dot dot

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they simply place a blocking cookie on your computer, you would not need to worry about this anymore. Statcounter.com, which deals with counters, offers this feature on its site and it works like a charm.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the information, Nintendo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hm i am scared also i run one site few days for now and i have made about 1000 showings and also google ads without any visit to mine site i am scared also because i allready have 500$ there from other site ... btw i havent clicked..