SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

imagine no limitations exbabylon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PHP FrontPage Apache Goolosh :)

I have a whole mixture of problems/questions.

Number one problem:

I setup Firepages on my win98 machine, I am playing with apache and a lot of other servers for email, telnet, ftp, etc. Everything works except for the image library in PHP, which doesn't concern me much. So, the problem, when I go to netcraft.com and I plug in my domain, I only get back that my server is apache, it doesn't show that it is running PHP. I do have the part in the php.ini file set properly. Any Ideas?

Number Two Question:

I would also like to play with installing FrontPage extensions on this machine, but I ONLY have apache setup, no other server. I know that there are ways of doing this on *.nix platforms, but I'm not sure about in win98 with apache.

Number Three Question:

I also am looking at settung up SSL encryption. I know I may be a little whacked, but I want to do it anyways. Where can I find the patch for Apache for win9* and can this be applied to firepages setup without a lot of tweaking? If it requires a lot of tweaking how can I do it?

Ok, I guess I've taken up enough of your time, and thank you for reading it

God Bless,

Alex Stanton
    Blamestorming: Sitting around in a group discussing why a deadline was missed or a project failed and who was responsible.

Exbabylon- Professional Internet Services

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure I entirely follow what you are talking about..

If you are saying that you have set your own server...

What happens when you point your browser to localhost? Or localhost/phpmyadmin

You should get pages there if PHP is running. I installed from PHPGEEK which worked brilliantly, put apache, php and mysql all in for me. PHP starts when apache does - maybe the easiest way to check if PHP is running is to ctrl alt delete and see. On my copy of apache the status bar of the msdos window says PHP and then changes to apache...

FP extensions can be installed from the Office 2000 premium. But why would you want them?! FP sucks!

Having got a clue about SSL on personal servers.

But then you might not mean this so this will all be a load of rubbish!

Good luck
    I swear to drunk I'm not God.
    Matt's debating is not a crime
    Hint: Don't buy a stupid dwarf Clicky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I found the answer to one of my questions. I had NOT taken the time to go through my apache config files, I suspected that it would be setup properly. However, no such luck. I had to setup PHP as an Apache Module, not everything works right! PHP shows up in the server info

I am still looking for ways to install FrontPage Extensions, and for the SSL hack for win9* version of apache.
    Blamestorming: Sitting around in a group discussing why a deadline was missed or a project failed and who was responsible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an advice, remember that Apache for Win 9x is not secure as Unix version (Read README file from Apache distribution).

Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know, and I would never think of running any kind of server off of win9*, I'm just trying to get some basic's of advanced Apache/php/mysql. Anyone know about the SSL patch for Apache? If not I'll stop bugigng you all, thanks for putting up with me