SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

paid text links?

Do you think paid text links with pr5+ are helpfull in the long run if they are not relevant to the content of the website that is being promoted? Lets say you have a UK based technology forum and if you place links on 3 Asian badminton sites with pr5?
    LED Scroller Generator | Arcade Top List
    Myspace Layouts |
    Looking for quality Myspace link exchanges, PM for more info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    google is striving for relevancy, but at this time i can't say that they've perfected this technology (or even have came close)... as of now, i think yes... any links should help you out.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    based on alot of websites of late, seemingly dissapearing from the serp's, I would be very cautious of where I am getting those incoming links from.

one of the things I notice of these sites dissapearing is alot of backlinks from unrelated sources, so I would just be cautious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theme links give more power to search engine results. but after all, links are the most important factor, so each and every link is important and has a value. if you have more low pr other links, some of them from relavent sites, these new links will help more. But if you just want to start your link building from these 3 sites, that want help much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what do you guys think is better to have a link on 2 websites sitewide (a lot of pages) or a link on 10 sites with only 1 page linking. home page pr will be more or less the same 5/6 (not sure of other pages but should be 0+)

i am thinking that google would like to see more links from different domains rather then a lot of links from the same domain.
    LED Scroller Generator | Arcade Top List
    Myspace Layouts |
    Looking for quality Myspace link exchanges, PM for more info