SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie needing a little help :)

Hi! I've just started my website which sells ebooks with oscommerce and found out this community which seems full of experts ^^
    I've never done anything with webpages before, but i'm a fast learner ( http://www.culture-books.com is my site, i designed it, made the graphics with the gimp, the toolbars,set up the newsletter etc)
    the point is that i don't know what to do to make my site grow and become "functional"!!
    i'd like to set it up and then let it run on autopilot
    so far, i have put adsense in a vertical banner on the right, submitted to some free directories (no link exchange) and sold a couple of items on ebay with the about me page pointing to my site!! i've added my homepage to signatures in the forums I write in (as you can see ) and that's it...
    however my traffic is almost 0, i get like 10 visits a day!! my site has been up for about 3 weeks..what should i expect??
    So basically:
    -I'd like to get revenue from my site, even low(100-500$/month), but automated!
    - What's the best way to get traffic in my situation?? my budget is very limited, so pay-per-click is quite not viable!
    -do you have any further advice?? I'm very noobie so I guess I'll need it heh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Backlinks and MORE Backlinks..Onpage optimization will only get you so far. Also be sure to vary your anchor text alot. Directories are a good place to start with this.

Incase you dont know what a backlink is..It is a link on another website that has a link that points to your website.

And here is an anchor text example
    <a href="http://yoursite.com/" target="_self">this is the anchortext </a>

Hope this helps you
    Tbase

I want to BUY Google API Keys (Soap).
    PM me if you got one to sell.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok i've been submitting to about 20 free directories now...how much time and what results does one get on average? your help is really appreciated ^^

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks