Thread: Adwords Delay

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adwords Delay

Hey everyone,

I opened a new Google Adwords account last Wednesday and setup all the campaigns and everything however the ads are still not running. I have contacted Google but have not yet received a reply.

When I run the "Ads Diagnostic Tool" it says that the ads are not running. Has anyone ever had a problem like this?

Thanks
    Justin

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything's just fine here.. have you added your payment information? Not entering your payment details to activate is the only reason I can think of an account not running.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dan. I did enter the payment information but that was the problem in the end. After finally (4 days later) receiving an email from Google that said they were have difficulty "verifying my credit card". They wanted me to fax them a photocopy of the card. I did this and they emailed me back letting me know that the ads are now running.

Weird. I have never had this problem before (I have opened other accounts for different clients). Perhaps they are doing some random security screening or something. Oh well, thanks for your input.

Justin