SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UltraBoard 2000 gurus wanted urgent!

It seems that UB2k.com is having problems and I have no place to ask this question, so please Help me.

I have UB 2.22a on my server and this afternoon when someone tries to post a topic it get this error.

Process Error
    Can't insert data to 'B1' table. Duplicate entry '65535' for key 1
    I went to UB2k.com and I noticed that there was a software upgrade for the UB. It was version 2.23. On the version notes there was this Bug Fix:

Bug: maximum sessions number was 65535 in MySQL and Microsoft SQL
    edited: Sources/Libraries/Database.mysql.pm.pl, Database.mssql.pm.pl
    That's I think what is causing my error. When I try to log to download the update. I cannot log in, it seems that they are also having problems with the authentication of users.

I really need this fix soon. I was wondering if some have downloaded this update and is willing to help me by giving me the "Database.mysql.pm.pl" and "Database.mssql.pm.pl" files of version 2.23

Or maybe post the updated script here.

Thanks,
    Guillermo

Dumb PHP codin' cat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay I am no expert on UB2k.com but your problem sticks out like a sore thumb. It obvious that they used smallint for the id field in your database. smallint has a range of

From www.mysql.com
    SMALLINT[(M)] [UNSIGNED] [ZEROFILL]
    A small integer. The signed range is -32768 to 32767. The unsigned range is 0 to 65535.
    Just modify your table structure and change the field type to int from smallint. IN mysql it would be

ALTER TABLE tablename modify idfield int(11) not null unsigned not null auto-increment.
    Please don't PM me with questions.
    Use the forums, that is what they are here for.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks freddydoesphp,
    You're always there to help.

Just a question... Can I make that changes in phpMyAdmin without the fear of affecting the functionality of UB? What I'm saying is if I change that value, it wont affect in a bad way my board?
    Guillermo

Dumb PHP codin' cat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It shouldn't, although to be safe you should always do a backup of the database before changing table structures. I assume phpMyAdmin can do a backup, I never use it sorry.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok thanks...
    I'll give it a try.
    Guillermo

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kinda off topic but, freddy, do you use something else than phpMyAdmin? cause it has many errors in syntax, bugs, etc and I am looking for something similiar but better......
    www.iyeinteractive.com - Website Design and Programming
    www.totalnonsense.net - my site, Under Construction

Dumb PHP codin' cat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, I use ssh to telnet into unix servers and run mysql from the console. Or use a command prompt on Win and use the console interface as well. I kinda learned that way and it has become just as easy to do it that way than using a gui interface.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    freddy,
    Before I make the changes, I want to make a backup of the databse using mysqldump. But I've never done it via console. I know that phpMyAdmin can do this, but the database is over 50MBs and I don't want that to be displayed on my browser when phpMyAdmin creates the dump.

Can you show me step by step of the commands how can I create the dump of the database via the console. Staring from when I firsat log in to SSH?

Thanks for the help.
    Guillermo

Dumb PHP codin' cat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure log into console. If the path to mysql is in your PATH variable you should be able to type(make sure to specify the path to a folder where you have write privileges and you can ftp into:

mysqldump -u username -p dbname > /path/to/some/ftp/dbname.sql

If its not you may need to specify the full path to the mysql/bin folder like this

/path/to/mysql/bin/mysqldump -u username -p dbname > dbname.sql

Then on the new server upload it with ftp

ssh in and cd to the folder that has the dbname.sql file.

mysql -u username -p dbname < dbname.sql

There ya go. Make sure there is a new database on the new server named whatever you named it in the mysql command.

midnight coder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In using phpMyAdmin, you can go to dump, tick the "Send" checkbox, then phpMyAdmin will allow you to download the .sql file instead of displaying the text to the screen. This will make it easier, and also avoids timeouts as well.

And I read it somewhere that MySQL changes the int automatically when your number reaches the current limit...could be an older version or I was just dreaming...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Robo
    In using phpMyAdmin, you can go to dump, tick the "Send" checkbox, then phpMyAdmin will allow you to download the .sql file instead of displaying the text to the screen. This will make it easier, and also avoids timeouts as well.
    It won't avoid PHP timeouts. There's no way it could - phpMyAdmin is still going at MySQL through PHP, not through mysqldump, so it's subject to the same limitations as a screen dump. Downloading it would prevent a browser crash but it would not ensure you get the whole thing.

And I read it somewhere that MySQL changes the int automatically when your number reaches the current limit...could be an older version or I was just dreaming...
    Dreaming.
    Kevin

Dumb PHP codin' cat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I say people rely too heavily on PhpMyAdmin, its like using Dreamweaver instead of learning html. You can do things twice as fast and more securely using an ssh client and mysql console. Don't forget his sql file is likely to exceed 50 mb, I would love to see someone back that up with phpMyAdmin, better yet I would like to see someone successfully restore it using phpMyAdmin.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks freddy,
    Everything worked fine... You're the man.
    Guillermo