SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

online html editors

I know there are a lot of online HTML editors out there that can be implemented to allow clients to edit individual pages within their site. I've looked at Ektron's eWebEdit Pro, interKat's KTML, and a bunch of others. My questions is how do they load the HTML pages into their rich text box and then save the changes to that same page? Basically I want to use one of these products so a client can change some text on about 5 of their pages on a monthly basis. I wouldn't need an actual CMS to allow these changes to be saved off to a .ASP or HTML file would I?
    Interested in purchasing websites generating up to $XXX/month.
    PM me...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You wouldn't necessarily need a cms for this, and if you didn't want this database driven, you would have to have read/write on that directory where the pages would sit.

asp can produce what you need, what type of server are you on?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by squiggly
    You wouldn't necessarily need a cms for this, and if you didn't want this database driven, you would have to have read/write on that directory where the pages would sit.

asp can produce what you need, what type of server are you on?
    The site wouldn't be database driven, since based on the customer requirements, it isn't needed. The server would be either Win2000 or Win2003.

Many of the online/WYSIWYG editors I've seen don't give much info on what to do with the data once it's submitted. I know there are a lot of ways it can be handled, but I want to set something up that is easy to implement and get the job done without a CMS.
    PM me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have created my own style of CMS/Template editting, I use templates, and ini files. The ini files contain the information required for the page to be displayed.

The User updates the page and then submits saving the new details to the ini file.

If your looking at letting the user create their own pages from scratch then this would be different and no use.

Mines just for editing text and images and possibly html for remote scripts.

Gav

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you use a rich text box that has a WYSIWYG interface for the user? Once the new information is in the INI file, does the INI then overwrite the old page, or is the new content dynamically pulled into the page?
    PM me...