SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Former Staff Member silver trophy Adam P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,288
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    How would I go about making something like this?

    I was in FW and came up with this design for a page. Too bad it would probably be really complicated in DW. Anyways, does anyone have any ideas of how I could do this?

    I basically want the "sections" to come all the way from each side they sprout from and end in the middle to look like the picture.

    Thanks!

    URL of pic: www.geocities.com/swimm5001/layout.html
    SPF Mentor/Advisor 2001-2003
    SPF Designer of the Year 2002
    SPF Graphic Designer of the Year 2003
    AdamPolselli.com

  2. #2
    SitePoint Zealot micmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: How would I go about making something like this?

    Originally posted by swimm5001
    I basically want the "sections" to come all the way from each side they sprout from and end in the middle to look like the picture.
    Im a bit confused Do you want the site to be animated or am I miss understanding what you are saying?

    As for the layout in the picture, you could implement it using tables quite easily.
    http://www.avgallery.com.au/ - Your ticket to high-end audio!

  3. #3
    Former Staff Member silver trophy Adam P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,288
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no, not animated.

    I just meant that i wanted each "color section", (the one with navigation, one with title) to go from the side of the screen to the center so they end like the pic. The pic. just doesn't show a full width. That's what i meant.
    SPF Mentor/Advisor 2001-2003
    SPF Designer of the Year 2002
    SPF Graphic Designer of the Year 2003
    AdamPolselli.com

  4. #4
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Jeremy W.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,121
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Um, so you want the colour not to go all the way to the right/left... Why not put a cell there that isn't that colour?

    Ergh, wish I could draw online for you *L*

    Anyways, say you had 2 cells, one 90% the other 10%.

    In the 90% one you made another table with borders, background, etc and in the other you made nothing. This would be what you seem to be looking for.

    Then, you'd repeat that all the way down the layout depending on where you did or did not want colour.
    SVP Marketing, SoCast SRM
    Personal blog: Strategerize
    Twitter: @jeremywright

  5. #5
    SitePoint Wizard Aes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,392
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure exactly if this is what studiococo is saying, if it is and I'm just adding to it I apologize. =)
    Just make a table the width of your page (100%) or whatever you want, and make it have say five rows. Then, within the first three rows, add tables the same width of the table with two columns. Following that, make one of the columns your desired width (half of the page, right?) and fill it with your navigation, title, etc. So something like this:
    Code:
    <!-- This is the main table that encloses all others -->
    <table width="100%" border="0">
    <tr>
    <td><!-- this is simply one of the tables that divides into two cells within a cell and row of the main table -->
    <table width="100%" border="0">
    <tr>
    <td width="50%">Title</td>
    <td width="50%">Empty half</td>
    </tr>
    </table></td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    The bolded area is only the table I was talking about that was divided into two cells. Just do that in the next row or whatever and use the same technique. That'll give you what you want. So just modify and salt to taste.
    Happy coding!
    Colin Anderson
    Ambition is a poor excuse for those without
    sense enough to be lazy.

  6. #6
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Jeremy W.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,121
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ayup, good stuff
    SVP Marketing, SoCast SRM
    Personal blog: Strategerize
    Twitter: @jeremywright


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •