SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XP - PHP 5 - Apache2 - MySQL4.1: Problem with Today.PHP

Hey! I've read the other threads about problems with Today.php from the Kevin Yank book and tried to figure out what is going on but just not quite getting it.

When I throw my today.php into my browser (firefox & ie) it has the "Today's Date (according to this Web server) is" and no date. I check the source code and I can see the php code. So it doesn't recognize it as php. So I'm assuming the problem is with installing php. I've tried the command to bring up the laundry list of PHP attributes that was mentioned to see if php was working on the other questions of this same subject and the page is just blank. I've followed what was said in the book un-installed - re-installed mannnny times and my head is spinning. Your help would be VERY appreciated

Thanks in advance for any troubleshooting help.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seams to me that Apache isn't servicing PHP documents. If it was PHP that was at fault, the chances are you'd get an OS generated error, but your not - you have a blank page, which I've had in my early years of scripting PHP, so the server is at fault in this case

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for replying Dr Livingston. I probably should have added when I go to http://localhost/ it says Connection was refused by localhost. So something is odd there...and I think it may have to do with when I installed and it asked for stuff like e-mail/host name/web server or some crap and I put something like blahblah.net cause I didn't know really what it was asking me.

About it not being set up to service php documents I put "DirectoryIndex index.html ... index.php" in the httpd.conf Configuration File. But I didn't put in the ... as I assumed it just meant to leave what's there and just add index.php to the end. Do I literally cut and paste that line with the dots in there or was I right? I'm quite confused!
    Last edited by Intripso; May 7, 2005 at 06:17.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I figured it out. Everything was running properly. I just had to point it to the right port and it works now.