SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what I'm trying to understand

I haven't done much of anything to promote my forum.I don't even remember submitting it to Google.I posted the link to it on one site about a month ago.That forum gets about 10 to 15 visits a day.There's like 40 members.

I found it on Google when I was looking for some link exchanges.It's number 4 under the site title.It's number 8 on "subject forum and number 8 on "subject board." I checked keyword popularity under these terms.I got 15,000 searches for "subject forum".

Does that mean 15,000 searches in a day? week? month? since the internet started?

All I know is that it doesn't mean anything to have a high page rank if the subject isn't popular.

I thought I had a good idea.There's only one other forum besides mine and only 2 other sites besides mine primarily about the subject.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy someonewhois's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What keyword popularity tool did you use? Some are day, some are week, some are month, some are since the internet started.

SitePoint Enthusiast michelangelo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where are you checking 'keyword popularity'?

Talking a wild guess though, if you have gone "Top 10" so easily, it's probably not a very popular keyword.