SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PHP Site replicated to CDROM

I have quite a large PHP website, involving user areas and sessions etc, what I need is to replicate the website on to CD for demonstration purposes when no internet connection is available.

Only one of the member areas needs to be replicated onto the CD, so that we can give each of the members a CD with their own area on it.

I've tried using webstripper program, and although this is brilliant it doesn't work with the sessions and the php code properly, and therefore can't be used. The best way I can think of is to put a server onto a CD and then run the code on that, however I haven't got a clue how to do that.

Has anyone got any ideas on how this can be done? Or have any information on how to get a server to run on a CD?

Cheers

Kevin

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'v rewrote my own web server, apache, php & mysql to run off a flash disk, its only 22MB, theres no reason y you cant do the same, you just need to be careful because putting your intire database onto a flash pen/cd then giving it to sum1 is just asking for trouble, ie. they could install phpmyadmin and just look at other peoples areas. but anyway, if your sure, its easy enough, i use it to show clients

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a program that can enable you to run dynamic pages on a CD.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I had a proper play with webstripper and after a bit of alteration in the code of the website i've managed to get a specific local area to come up with information only for that area. To do this I used a simple script which when you put a certain command in the "?command=this" it comes up with the required information. I then used web stripper to read this file with the variable and it got all of the data necessary in HTML files. All I had to do then is remove the script.

Thanks anyway, I'm still interested in getting a web server to work on a cd, how exactly do you install it on the cd?

Kevin