SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Azoogle Changes; good or bad?

Many bluetime/azoogle publishers will probably have noticed changes made to the payments plan as of today. I want to know, how much will this effect me? My visitors are mostly from "non-international" countries (something like 90%) so i should be fine, right? I've also noticed a 100% decrease in banners appearing on my site. Another late beta run for Azoogle?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what changes to the payment plan are you talking about?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bluetime update

may 4 2005

if you login to your bluetime account, you will see the relevant update at the top of the news section.

From May 4 2005 forward, Bluetime will pay for international traffic on a performance basis only. "international" is defined as traffic from outside USA, Can, UK, European Union.

This change is to protect ourselves; it's due to the excessive amount of of fraudulent traffic we've recently seen from reputable sites' international sources.

to be clear:
    1) this does not directly effect your cpm rates from USA, Canadian and UK/Eu traffic.
    2) it does indirectly effect your USA rates for the better; spending less time chasing down legal and other issues arising from Intl traffic will allow us to spend those resources on USA sales efforts.

if you have any questions at all, drop a line to AIM: bluetimesupport or AIM: janetbluetime or MSN bluetimesupport@hotmail.com or 905-946-0300 x362 or blue@bluetime.com

best,

james
    Azoogle's bluetime.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluetime
    "international" is defined as traffic from outside USA, Can, UK, European Union.
    What do you mean by UK, European Union ? How many countries according to you are in European Union ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats Bluetime, not azoogle from what I can see

-Chris

l 0 l silver trophybronze trophy lo0ol's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, they're really giving me more and more reason to ditch their network.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As of right now, I only know of two that do this. BlueTime and Hurricane. Are there any others that are or planning on doing something like this? I think some notification of this change should have been done. 24 hours is not enough.
    The Online Guide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HI guys,

Unfortunately, there are not many advertisers that want inventory from countries like Zimbabwe and India. Once we build out our advertiser base for countries that we can't service now, we'll bring them back into the loop. We would be more than happy to buy that inventory if we could sell it.
    Co-Founder, AzoogleAds
    http://www.AzoogleAds.com
    alex@azoogleads.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you use software like PhpAdsNew, you can easily geo-target ads. So what I usually do is only show ads from the networks to people in the US and Canada and show ads from international-friendly advertisers to everyone else. This way I make more money from international visitors and keep everyone happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please keep in mind that you'r enot just going to "not get paid" on international impressions. We will run performance-based campaigns on that inventory as whereas most other networks will simply redirect you to a default or show adcouncil ads, you still have the possibility of earning revenue on it, rather than nothing.

Alex
    Co-Founder, AzoogleAds
    http://www.AzoogleAds.com
    alex@azoogleads.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fryman
    Yes

I do know that. I wanted to know what James thought when he typed UK, European Union ?

I mean, something like
    "international" is defined as traffic from outside USA, Ontario, Vancouver, Can, UK, European Union.
    does not fit! Or does he not know that UK is in EU ?

Because of the above, what I am more concerned with is does he mean to include all the 25 countries in EU? Because obviously traffic from France is more valuable than compared to traffic from the other 10 countries which joined in 2004(eg: Czech Republic, Latvia, Poland, Lithuania, Estonia, Slovenia etc)

What I am suspecting is that what he means by European Union would be the old 15 countries ?

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never seen a network tank as fast as bluetime has in the last couple months, and coming from Azoogle that's surprising. Every single change they have made since Feb have been negative. There has been no improvements what so ever, but keep giving puslishers less and less of a reason to run their ads.

l 0 l silver trophybronze trophy lo0ol's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fireklown
    I've never seen a network tank as fast as bluetime has in the last couple months, and coming from Azoogle that's surprising. Every single change they have made since Feb have been negative. There has been no improvements what so ever, but keep giving puslishers less and less of a reason to run their ads.
    Agree. I mean, just take a look at their banner serving. It seems to be almost worse than it was even in December... if not that, than certainly it's not being improved. :\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First BlueTime troubles now BannerConnect troubles. This cannot be good for the industry.
    The Online Guide