SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

URGENT: Dreamweaver Problem!!

Hello Everyone,

I just decided to open DreamWeaver and give a site design I've been working on for months to a client and I got an error message and DreamWeaver won't open!!! I'm so screwed its not even funny, if I can't get into DreamWeaver!

Here is the error message:

ERROR STARTING PROGRAM

The DREAMWEAVER.EXE file is linked to missing export MFC42.DLL:6905

I REALLY NEED HELP ON THIS RIGHT AWAY PLEASE TO ANYONE WHO IS A COMPUTER WIZ... CAN THIS BE FIXED???

AHHHHHH!!!! Just to think so many sites gone that I havvn't uploaded yet I'm going to lose a years worth of work! Gone! Shot! Wasted! Down the Drain! Hours of worked GONE!

Ok I'll stop feeling bad for myself now.

Thanks in advance!

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your sites aren't necessarily gone. Look for them wherever you have them stored. They aren't a part of Dreamweaver, so don't worry

When you have copies of your sites, I would go ahead and reinstall Dreamweaver. You don't have to uninstall it, just install it on top of itself. You'll loose a lot of configuration though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    re-installing it should solve the problem.
    Current Projects:
    Brighton Rockz - The only Albion Fanzine

Always Skint - THE forums for BHAFC fans

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may just be a problem with the dll. It may have been corrupted or an installation of some new software may have replaced your existing dll with an older version.

You can check which version you've got by checking the properties>version of the file. It'll be located in your system32 directory.

MS doesn't have dlls for download, but I tried a search on Google for "MFC42.DLL 6.00" and it turned up several pages that had the dll for download.

If you download another version, just rename your exsiting file (eg mfc42.old) and copy the new version into the system32 dir.

I'm not sure what the latest version is but I've got version 6.00.8447.0 installed.