Hybrid View

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CSS Menu messing up my layout?

Hi,

I have recently implemented a DHTML dropdown menu into my site design, it requires some CSS, as most DHTML scripts do, however it kinda makes a mess of my other css.

If I use the script, only the css I have used elsewhere on my site, is used on the menus, where I require different styles, and if I delete my old css styling it leaves parts of my site in a mess, but cleans up the menu to the desired choice. I have used the CLASS identiy tag, I think I have used it every where that is required, but I am not sure.

You can have look at the mess so far, and I have deleted the header css style (that part with the date, etc), so the menu is showing how I want it to?, but how now can I use CSS elsewhere without is messing up the menu again.

I hope I have explained the problem, have a look at http://www.digibox24.com/test/index.htm to see for yourselves, any help or advice would be great.

Thanks
    Michael Prosser

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, the link returns a 404.

From a glance at what you've faced, i would say your styles are conflicting. try renaming your style names...
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."
    -- Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to comment without seeing the site but have you tried separating the css into two different external files, so you would have one that deals with the menu and another dealing with the main page, and then link using

<LINK REL="stylesheet" HREF="menu.css" TYPE="text/css">
    <LINK REL="stylesheet" HREF="main.css" TYPE="text/css">

or something.

And to make doubly sure you don't have any conflicts (and to make it ultimately customisable) use different attribute labels for each bit...
    I swear to drunk I'm not God.
    Matt's debating is not a crime
    Hint: Don't buy a stupid dwarf Clicky