SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

outlook 2000 error with NS messenger emails

I just installed Internet Explorer 6 (w/Outlook 6) and ever since, my default email program Outlook 2000 does not display email messages sent by Netscape Messenger. Outlook shows the message is in the inbox but when I go to view it, the subject and contents are blank. When viewing the email header information in Outlook I can see the subject -- just can't see it in the actual subject column in Outlooks inbox.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem?

This didn't happen before I installed IE 6. Can I uninstall it and revert back to 5.5?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated as a lot of people I know are using Netscape Messenger.

Thanks.
    Jason Dulberg
    Extreme MTB
    http://extreme.nas.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same problem with OE6.

You should be able to uninstall IE6/OE6 which should fix it.
    Kevin

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just uninstalled both IE6 and OE6 and that fixed some of the problems that I've found however it didn't fix the email problem. I can see the contents of the message, just not the sender's name, email and subject.

I reverted back to IE5 so hopefully, the 5.5 service packs will do something. If it doesn't hopefully, Microsoft will release a fix on their site.

A software engineer that I know just told me that Outlook expects different line spacing in the email header than Netscape and text-based email browsers. That makes sense but what I don't understand is how it worked fine before I "upgraded" to IE6/OE6. Strange happenings....

Thanks for your time.
    Jason Dulberg
    Extreme MTB
    http://extreme.nas.net