SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone use PHP FormGenerator?

I recently installed PHP FormGenerator on my server and got it working smoothly. It creates forms perfectly and I can get it to submit the information from the form right into a database.

The only thing I cannot get it to do (and what I really need it to do) is send the information via email. It is set-up to do that and I definitely have the correct email plugged into the script... but for some reason it is not sending it to me?

Has anyone else run into this problem, and if so... do you know how to fix it?

Thanks a lot...

Doug

SitePoint Evangelist dmsuperman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does your site allow the mail function?

I tend not to use those generator things, they do things I don't want them to do a lot of the time, you might be better off just making your own manually if it's not a huge form.
    <(^.^<) \(^.^\) (^.^) (/^.^)/ (>^.^)>
    Core 2 Duo E8400 clocked @ 3.375GHz, 2x2GB 800MHz DDR2 RAM
    5x SATA drives totalling 2.5TB, 7900GS KO, 6600GT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah... it definitely allows the mail function... as I have many forms I had created previously working fine.

This was a rather large form.... that is why I decided to try a form generator. It actually worked very nicely in creating the form. I do not need it to submit to a database... but I tested it, since it was not sending me an email, and to my surprise, that worked perfectly.

I am not really that good a PHP myself, but I can probably take the form it created and and merge it with my old forms and get it to work.

I was just hoping someone here might have had the same problem in the past and had a quick fix?

Thanks a lot for your response...

Doug