SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BannerConnect Problems

Alright, to my big surprise, when I logged in to check my stats today, it didn't look as good as I had hoped for. Instead of displaying what I had earned all up until the day before yesterday + yesterday's earning, it had reverted back to showing me the number which I saw the day before yesterday in my stats. And I'm like "??" - Especially since I haven't had as many ad views as yesterday since I joined BC.

I think "proof" of this is that my average net CPM jumped down two cents from yesteday, which wouldn't happen on one day (unless money just "disappeared", like in this case..)

I contacted support, and they were nice and all, but he didn't seem like he wanted to tell me that they would get it resolved, and I have a bad feeling that yesterday and the day before's earnings won't be seen again by me....

He also said that they had gotten reports about this before, and just told me to report it if happens again. Anyone had similar problems? Bums me out a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean BannerConnect is not the Utopia that you've praised for the last month?
    The Online Guide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that's a little pointless, don't you think?

Rates are still great compared to what I'm getting at the other networks, but this is definately a shot at their creditibility in my book at least, you've got that right.

The real point of this however, was to see if anyone else in here have had the same problem, and if it was solved for you, seeing as they said this has happened before.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just mailed bannerconnect regarding this, for 23K+ impressions yesterday Net Revenue has been negative to quite an extent [About $10 loss in Net Rev]

Just keeping my fingers crossed, may be this is Dart's reporting fault
    Last edited by hipals.com; Apr 28, 2005 at 11:13.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, my 250,000+ defaults resulted in about $45 in lost net revenue. Glad to see that it's not just me - Hopefully they'll get it sorted asap.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi I'm having the same problems here. Even though i only lost $2, it still is not acceptable.... It just dissappeared also with the previous days earnings... Not cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've lost about $300 to $400 in net revenue....... net cpm went down from $0.23 to $0.18 in one day, and I didn't even use the DART code yesterday! I hope someone can give me an explanation...., so far Michiel (the owner) couldn't help me with my problem.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is my stats, BannerConnect wtf are you doing ??

1-26 th April :

Impressions: 332,289
    Gross Revenue: 87.96
    Net Revenue: 50.67
    NET CPM : $0.17

NOW 1 DAY LATER(on 27th):

Impressions: 332,289
    Gross Revenue: 66.96
    Net Revenue: 38.57
    NET CPM : $0.12

Waiving $15 and making NET CPM $0.12 in JUST one day, wtf if you ask me?

........is it time to run?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The same with us; I checked today for yesterdays earnings and it showed a smaller amount than the total yesterday... Not good.

Except for this I am really pleased with them though, but I do really hope they fix it or I might have to look elsewhere. Cannot live with this.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me too. I have sent email to them. But I do not get any reply.

Does anyone get response from BC?

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we might be screwed, I hope not though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think they would dig their own grave by screwing us over, my guess it's a bug in DART. I hope to hear an explanation from them soon, however....

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kidbuu,

you said $0.23 to $0.18 in one day, are you running them 1st in the chain, if not then which place?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1st chain. But it must be a bug, because I didn't even use the code yesterday. So my cpm went down even though I didn't serve any impressions for them yesterday on DART.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it might be that they have compensated for something. Who knows...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea maybe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it seems that most of the publishers using them here have had this problem, which probably means there's a bug (most likely in DART somewhere). I just don't hope the "actual" stats are lost however, but it'll be interesting to see how they'll handle this.

Michiel was also the one I talked to on Live Support, and he didn't have any clue about what was going on at least.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello there everyone, yes we are also a bit frustrated about this, although the difference is minor we also are working on solving this. We also had a lot of complaints regarding our DART solution and for that case we have been building an internal adsolution for 2 years already and soon everybody will finally get what he/she wants. Afterall, we are here to help our publishers get some good revenue, but the good part is that we fillup 100% of your inventory and not just only US and UK for example only which in the end makes a difference.

As a sidenote: we are working on some Asian deals to get that big Asian inventory of most publishers filled in aswell.
    Michiel Beenen
    Director of Business Development
    Bannerconnect - http://www.bannerconnect.net

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what happens .. are the lost stats means a loss of revenue for the publishers or can you guys fix it up.. come on we are talking about real money here

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I respect your opinion and I can ensure you that we will do something back like a compensation for the publishers that had this problem, unless we can ofcourse figure this out with Doubleclick and just solve it!
    Michiel Beenen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gah, it's pretty typical that this happens on the best day yet for me. A "compensation" will most likely be calculated based on your average, unless you get this fixed, I would assume.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From BannerConnect Team

Dear Publishers:

We would like to apologize for the situation here. We have the answer for all of you regarding the disappeared revenue. It seems that the ad serving platform we currently utilize re-calculates the whole month when we make changes to the campaigns we booked.

As many of you know, campaign comes and goes. It is beyond our control when advertisers decide to stop a campaign, lower the price of a campaign and etc. But we have change the campaign back to before so you will all see the old revenue you made. From now on, we will ensure that the campaign changes would be at the beginning of each month.

Again, we are working on the in-house solution where we will be able to have total controls. We hope this will be ready very soon. In the meantime, if you still have questions concerning us, please do not hesitate to contact us at support@bannerconnect.net.

Once again, our most sincere apology to all of you.
    Michiel Beenen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On tomorrow's report, will all of the impressions that publishers were missing show up and be credited as they should?
    The Online Guide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bannerconnect
    As many of you know, campaign comes and goes. It is beyond our control when advertisers decide to stop a campaign, lower the price of a campaign and etc. But we have change the campaign back to before so you will all see the old revenue you made. From now on, we will ensure that the campaign changes would be at the beginning of each month.
    I don't get it. Are you saying that if an advertiser decides to lower the price of a campaign, this will affect the already served impressions at a higher price? And if an advertiser cancels a campaign before the original end date, this will affect the earnings of the already served impressions?

That doesn't seem right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If publishers had served ads prior to the cancellation, the old rates should stay. I only gave BannerConnect about 5k per day, so I am not so worried for me. But screwing the other publishers like Lars and NFS isn't right. Especially since they've been your biggest supporters. I knew something didn't smell right. Glad I didn't fall for the bait and switch. I hope, for everyone else sake, you will honor the rates that all publisher's had already earned. It should be be risky doing business with a legit network. I hope that you prove yourself and not become another fly-by-night. We do not need any of those.
    The Online Guide