User Tag List

Thread: .htaccess help!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.htaccess help!

Recently I've been looking up .htaccess to protect my content which is in folders on my host.

I followed a tutorial online that showed me how to deny all IP address apart from my own. This caused a big problem. It worked - but images then would not work on my website and people could not link my button etc.

This also happens to me when I password protect my directories via cPanel. Is there an easy way of doing this?

I basically want all my folders forbidden to everyone apart from me, yet the images or whatever content is in the folder still shows on the webpage.

Thanks very much for your help!

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The best way to protect your content is to put your copyright information at the bottom of your page. People who aren't honest will steal it anyway, but those who are will respect that.

Aside from that, you can do js no-right click scripts and try a multitude of other tricks. People who are dedicated to stealing content probably know how most of them work and will steal your copy anyway. People who are honest will just get ticked off because your site will not function properly in their browser.

There is no sure-fire way to protect content on the Internet. If there was, everyone would be using it.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    leo d.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)