SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Jeremy W.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AND, if I went to their country I'd respect that and eat with my right hand because it makes life easier for anyone.

Not to say homosexuals should "just stop" simply becuase of me because obviously it is much harder and much more deeply "ingrained" (for lack of a better word) than which hand you eat with. Also, it's much more personal and all.

One other thing I forgot to mention to fluffykins: Of course homosexuals experience love and bonding! If it was just about sex it would be "experimenting" (for lack of a better word) or whatever. Of course they can experience life long love and all... And even though I personally find the physical actions "ugh", the pursuit of love is an amazing thing and not something I'd want to deny someone.

So, as has been said, I really do disapprove of the sin (defined by action or "lust" for member of the same sex) but how can I possibly hate another human being?
    SVP Marketing, SoCast SRM
    Personal blog: Strategerize
    Twitter: @jeremywright

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly. Hate the sin, not the sinner. It's like adultery in my mind: people should be ALLOWED to do it, but don't get all fussy when I tell you that don't like it. All this "why should it bother you" stuff is really pointless. Whether it bothers me or not, I'm not proposing that we outlaw it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly... Only thing is I don't hate the sin, I just don't think I'm built to hate... I don't hate homosexuality, I don't hate stealing, I don't hate lying... Maybe we're supposed to, I don't know, just that hate isn't a very productive emotion to me... It's destructive actually (yeah, whatever some people say we must destroy the sin but I don't buy that).

Anyways... my 32 cents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by TWTCommish
    Kissing your father and loving him as a son should love his father is obviously not a sin. I think the line is drawn in the same place it is with men and women: lusting after them is a sin.
    Remember that Noah's son saw him naked and lusted after him. God considered that a Sin, while the other son's who also saw Noah naked walked backwards into the tent to cover him up. God did not consider that a sin.
    Adobe Certified Coldfusion MX 7 Developer
    Adobe Certified Advanced Coldfusion MX Developer
    My Blog (new) | My Family | My Freelance | My Recipes

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    eeeewwww @ 400 year old naked dude... Can you spell shrivel?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you think they wrinkled as they got older or was the cell-degradation slower???

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    evidence for healthier happier people pre-flood abounds... Higher oxygen content meant more use of the brain, taller folk (fossils for 16' tall men and 14' tall women have been found) so honestly I don't think cell-degradation or any other effects of aging were as fast, I was just being a smart-***

Dumb PHP codin' cat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one last thing to say and then you all can flame me all you want, because it is obvious you are strong in your beliefs and noone is going to change that. But please stop referring to homosexuality has anal sex between two men.

Again I know plenty of homosexuals, whom are close to me. And believe me most of them think anal sex is gross too. Homosexuality is a part of your identity. It isn't like someone says ooh today I am going to go have anal sex with another guy to see what its like. Its like most people who are gay and over 25 have been dealing with repressed sexual feelings since they were a kid. All they want is peace and happiness in their lives. To get this they have opened their minds up to new ideas about themselves and have become better persons for doing so. Not much different than when you all first "found" God. I am sure none of you would argue that since you "found" God, your lives have been much better, both spiritually and emotionally.

Believe me, that feeling is not uncommon to many walks of life, for some it may indeed be accepting their sexuality, for you it was accepting God. So please don't condemn someone for being homosexual.

Please don't be afraid of homosexuality, no normal homosexual is going to try to have his way with your "rosebud" as you like to call it, unless you ask them too.

I also find it quite amusing that homosexuals aren't out there pushing their beliefs on you, they just want to be accepted for who they are. On the other hand, every Sat. and Sun. morning, I get whole families rolling up to my door, to try and "save" me. Save me from what?
    Please don't PM me with questions.
    Use the forums, that is what they are here for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flames of hell, innit!

Originally posted by freddydoesphp
    I also find it quite amusing that homosexuals aren't out there pushing their beliefs on you...
    Well, the media does a good enough job there doesn't it!?

I know of a church over here that was holding a conference about being released from homosexuality and a bunch of gay activists stormed in screaming "we're not sick" and spitting at people in the congregation - nice (kinda ironical - we're not sick *SPLAT*)...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uh, homosexuals are NOT forced on us to some degree? What's up with all these people proclaiming "I'm here, and I'm queer"? The media goes ape-sh**t everytime someone MAY be gay, or may be this, or may be that. And what on earth is up with that horrible parade? Goodness, they sure are giving homosexuals a bad name with that thing.

I'd also like to be on record as not having used the term anal sex to describe homosexuality so far I realize it's more than that, but either way it makes no difference to me.

Dumb PHP codin' cat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not trying to speak for all homosexuals. As I am sure you are not speaking for all religious folk. I am just saying that there are plenty of homosexuals out there that deserve to be treated better and not constantly held to some supposed higher expectation. I mean live and let live.

I know of a church over here that was holding a conference about being released from homosexuality and a bunch of gay activists stormed in screaming "we're not sick" and spitting at people in the congregation - nice (kinda ironical - we're not sick *SPLAT*)...
    But its okay for poeple to bomb abortion clinics in the name of the Lord, right? And the guy on tv last night telling me how he can save people from sin, all I have to do is send them 99 dollars?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same-sex kissing...

Dumb PHP codin' cat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And what on earth is up with that horrible parade?
    Is that any more gay than a homecoming parade where they celebrate a bunch of guys running around in tight pants tackling each other chasing after balls?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But its okay for poeple to bomb abortion clinics in the name of the Lord, right? And the guy on tv last night telling me how he can save people from sin, all I have to do is send them 99 dollars?

Matthew 7:22
    "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'
    "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the whole goal is to LOVE your fellow man/woman.

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world..."

It doesn't say "loved homosexuals" or "loved liars" or "loved murderers" or even plain old "loved Christians".

Everyone should love their fellow man/woman and treat them with respect. Don't bomb abortion clinics just because you hate what they are doing. As TWT and others have said "hate their actions, NOT the person."
    Adobe Certified Coldfusion MX 7 Developer
    Adobe Certified Advanced Coldfusion MX Developer
    My Blog (new) | My Family | My Freelance | My Recipes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...a homecoming parade where they celebrate a bunch of guys running around in tight pants tackling each other chasing after balls?
    Well, you have to wonder?...

Dumb PHP codin' cat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andy you almost hit the mark on what I am trying to convey. Let's stop labeling each other as religious this or homosexual that, we are humans, and with that are deserving of a certian level of acceptance and repsect from our fellow man. Even after this post, I don't dislike any of you. In fact it has most certianly opened my eyes up to a few things. I hope it has done the same for all of you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that any more gay than a homecoming parade where they celebrate a bunch of guys running around in tight pants tackling each other chasing after balls?
    What other people do is of no concern to me, but any parade that features people wearing dog collars and leather clothes with sections cut out in "certain" places is just in poor taste, no matter the sexual preference of those in it.

Ya know, it's funny. My dad and stepmom were in SF at the time of the parade one year, and unwittingly ended up in the crowd. They were carrying a baby, and they noticed something interesting: no one seemed interested in the baby. Everywhere else people would comment on the baby or smile at it, but it got not reaction there. Subtle, but important I think.

They eventually found their way away from it a little bit, and ran into a small church. It was reasonably diverse in terms of race, but made primarily of Asian people. Here they are, around all of this sickness (I don't care if they're gay or straight, the parade is sick), and they're worshipping. Right outside them people are yelling and screaming about diversity and equality, while nearby people of different races have come together to worship. Arn't most homosexuals white males anyway?

In short: I have a major problem with that parade. Just as some Christians give me a bad name, some homosexuals give others a bad name. The parade is a good example of this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    freddy: If you're directing your comments at me I'm almost offended that you didn't read my post that the action and the person are different to me. I deplore (ugh) the action but have NO problem with homosexuals as people, I have several friends who are no problem.

Further, I don't "push" my beliefs on them or anyone else. I'm open to discussion but I try not to bring the subject up unless it's appropriate. Nor do I come to anyone's door and do anything saturday/sunday mornings... they are for sleeping in

And, everyone deserves to be treated better, specifically (but not especially) anyone who is being condemned for anything (homosexuals for homosexuality, christians for their "fundamentalist" (whatever that is) beliefs, bush for being himself, etc).

And, I wasn't saying I had a fear of being attacked by some homosexual freak, I don't think it will happen anymore than I have a fear of some hot 38DD chick tackling me, it's just not going to happen. And, if I happen to get hit on by a guy so what? I'll just lisp (kidding!) "I'm not that kinda guy" or whatever and be on my way (or sit and chat to him if he's up for it).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by TWTCommish
    Arn't most homosexuals white males anyway?
    A little off beam, T-double-ya - but the rest was very interesting.

Dumb PHP codin' cat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arn't most homosexuals white males anyway?
    Now Chris, I know you just didn't say this. You don't really believe that do you? What two women who love each other in a sexual way aren't homosexuals? I don't know the exact demographics, but gay poeple come from all different backgrounds and sexes.

The media goes ape-sh**t everytime someone MAY be gay, or may be this, or may be that.
    And the media doesn't go ape sh*t when someone burns down an abortion clinic? The media is just that a bunch of greedy idiots, who will write anything for a buck. Please don't believe everything the media tells you.

What other people do is of no concern to me, but any parade that features people wearing dog collars and leather clothes with sections cut out in "certain" places is just in poor taste, no matter the sexual preference of those in it.

Isn't ironic that most normal straight men would pay to see women dressed like this parading in front of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't ironic that most normal straight men would pay to see women dressed like this parading in front of them.
    What in this world is 'normal'!? Average maybe...

Don't make it right - makes me angry actually.
    I hate to see women degraded.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no I wouldn't, it's degrading. Period.

Dumb PHP codin' cat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And actually I wouldn't either, but you and me are not average, we are above average. Some average men, at least a few I have associated myself with, think about football, beer and women ONLY. Not saying there is plenty of men out there who are above that, I am, and obviously you two are. But not all men are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now Chris, I know you just didn't say this. You don't really believe that do you? What two women who love each other in a sexual way aren't homosexuals? I don't know the exact demographics, but gay poeple come from all different backgrounds and sexes.
    Of course it varies, but I was (and still am) under the impression that the majority of them are homosexuals. If I'm wrong, tell me That's one of the reasons there's a question mark, rather than a period, at the end of the sentence.

And the media doesn't go ape sh*t when someone burns down an abortion clinic? The media is just that a bunch of greedy idiots, who will write anything for a buck. Please don't believe everything the media tells you.
    This isn't about belief, it's about coverage. Like it or not, homosexuals are glorified at every turn. They receive, in some circles, more respect than heterosexuals. Almost no major media outlet acknowledges homosexuality as a sin. I don't expect them to, but let's not pretend that it's not glorified.

And what is your point? I said several times that sexual preference makes no difference, it's in incredibly poor taste either way. You seem rather reluctanct to actually admit that the parade is tasteless and sick.