0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by freddydoesphp
    Who the hell are you.
    Someone who read's replies...

Quoting myself;
    Oh sorry - I should have been more specific;

Non-Christian girls that don't care about any of that junk, and just want to get it on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and as I said before;

I should have PM'd Chris - sorry EVERYONE! (that includes you freddy)
    It was after all a message for Chris.

It's a friday, I'm tired - maybe I haven't said things exactly as I should have - but hey - I am trying to do some work here, so may I should just un-subscribe from this thread...

Then you'll all be happy I am sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And my last defense...

It's very easy to take one thing someone has said and take it TOTALLY out of context - I have been tempted myself in this thread.

Y'all have a great weekend - z7 out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naw, we want to hear everyone's views, even if we think they are dead wrong. It takes all kinds to make the world, etc.

Dumb PHP codin' cat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    z7 I hope you read this before you cut out for the day. I got pretty irritated when I read pages 9 and 10 of this thread. And I admit I wrote that post when my emotions were running high. I guess my only comment is, I think its unfair that it is evident in this thread that the non-christians are acceptiong the christians' view points. We may not agree, but at least, for me that is, I can accept your faith. Why is it so hard to accept a non-christians beliefs and morals. In order for the world to run smoothly we need to be more accepting of others, instead of my way or the highway attitiude. Have a great weekend!
    Please don't PM me with questions.
    Use the forums, that is what they are here for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...never once pushed my 'religion' - just gave my POV

My 'religion' just counts for a lot of that...
    BYe.
    Last edited by z7; Jun 29, 2001 at 09:20.

Dumb PHP codin' cat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never said you pushed your religion, but as creole already mentioned sometimers your POV can come off as you pushing your religion.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AIDS CASES BY EXPOSURE CATEGORY EXPOSURE CATEGORY
    Men who have sex with men 348,657

Injecting Drug Use 189,242

Men who have sex with men and inject drugs 47,820

Hemophilia/coagulation disorder 5,121

Heterosexual contact 78,210

Recipient of blood transfusion, blood components, or tissue

Risk not reported or identified 67,387

HIV/AIDS is a gay disease primarily. We are being lied to in order to bring it into the mainstream concern. Yes, hetero's get it, but homo's are way, way more prominent.

These stats are current.
    Come get 5,000 Full Color - High Gloss(front and back) business cards for only $270!
    www.diamondqueue.com

Dumb PHP codin' cat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heavy would you mind posting a link to your source. Not discounting your stats, it just doesn't sound very current.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by z7
    I know that now Creole. (given my Girlfriend about 3 red-lights) You try stopping the lurve animal when you are tanked up on Red Wine!
    I totally know where you're coming from because I have been in that situation and failed miserably. I have had sex, and with a non-Christian girl (at the time). Alcohol didn't have anything to do with it, but my lack of self-control did.

The goal is to avoid getting to that point. Paul says to "flee from temptation" and to "avoid the appearance of evil".

It is VERY difficult to stop a physical relationship once you get to a certain point. Even harder (if not impossible) to go BACK to a non-physical relationship after you have had sex. I've tried it and we went right back to having sex after about a month.
    Adobe Certified Coldfusion MX 7 Developer
    Adobe Certified Advanced Coldfusion MX Developer
    My Blog (new) | My Family | My Freelance | My Recipes

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I should have done that.

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/stats/exposure.htm

There you go!
    Come get 5,000 Full Color - High Gloss(front and back) business cards for only $270!
    www.diamondqueue.com

Dumb PHP codin' cat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not saying that the numbers have changed all that much, but it has been a year since those stats were gathered.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One year is well within useable range as far as quoting this type of stats go. Especially stats that are drawn from such a large group.

Slow changes.
    www.diamondqueue.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by heavy
    HIV/AIDS is a gay disease primarily. We are being lied to in order to bring it into the mainstream concern. Yes, hetero's get it, but homo's are way, way more prominent.

These stats are current.
    Thats a very homophobic view to take. Are you now suggesting that 90% of Africans that get HIV are Gay then?

You Point of view is also very ignorant - those stats are 1 year old, and only cover the US.

AIDS / HIV a gay disease is it?

You think these people mentioned here agree? http://uk.news.yahoo.com/010626/80/bwg31.html

I THINK NOT - I think you need to go away, and have a think about your last paragraph.

You have *no idea* do you? Ignorant pilliock*

*apologises for that remark, but is true
    Current Projects:
    Brighton Rockz - The only Albion Fanzine

Always Skint - THE forums for BHAFC fans

Bimbo With A Brain! silver trophy Saz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heavy,

Stats like this show nothing.....they are just a representation of cases that have been reported.

You know, it's quite feesible that there are thousands of hetro's out there carrying the HIV virus and aren't aware of it. People have been know to carry the virus for years without showing any signs of being ill.

As many hetro's are of the belief that it's a 'gay disease' (and this belief has nothing to do with whether they are Christians or not), it wouldn't even come to mind to them to get themselves tested for it. They don't even need to have been promiscuous. Having sex just once with a person carrying the virus could leave them infected, but because, so sure are they that only 'gays' get it, there's no way they could 'catch' it.

I wouldn't mind betting that if they made the HIV test mandatory, you'd see the number of hetro's testing postive rise significantly.
    Saz: Naturally Blonde, Naturally Dizzy!
    No longer Editor of the Community Crier.

Don't mind me, I'm having a BLONDE moment!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give me a break. You ask for stats, and there they are. Oh yeah, I'm sure it's done a total 180 in 365 days, right? Be reasonable here. And if you want talk about accuracy, who's more likely to hide their disease for fear of shame: a heterosexual or a homosexual? I'd imagine the latter would -- after all, everyone here is going on about how hard it is to admit your homosexuality to others.

As for the US: well, personally, that's the place I'm concerned with most, because that's where I live. Now, does anyone have any GOOD reasons why the stats mean nothing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    norfett: before you go off calling other ignorant (others, I might add, who have some statistics to back them up, at least!), watch your own words. Did he say 90% of Africans with HIV were gay?

Want to talk about ignorant? How about slinging the word homophobic around all the time as a way to try to scare people into backing off? I don't know your motives, but I'm really, really, really tired of that word. Find a better word that doesn't imply ridiculous things, and don't discredit stats unless you have a solid reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by norfett
    Why should it be confined to the home? thats what its all about in a way, oppression from people (could be like you, but Im not saying you are) to keep us all in the closet! "oh, cant have that on the streets, eugh" kinda thing. Hopefully, go here Origins Of Gay Pride and youll understand what its about. You really should learn these things yaself.
    Well, I've figured out what it is you "do" norfett. You stretch things people say and then act as if we ought to know better.

If I have to say it again, I'm going to scream: THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOMOSEXUALITY! It has nothing to go with GAY PRIDE. This is about what is appropriate in a public parade. Gay or straight, wht they do is in very poor taste.

Opression? Hmmm...should we allow people to streak freely? No? Oh no! Opression! We won't let nudists "express themselves" in front of everyone else! Gasp! Gimme a break.

I just hope your not the stereotypical Bible bashing christian that is seen so much on America's TV.
    Shouldn't matter what I am, so long as I make reasonable points. I sure hope you're not a stereotypical liberal who wants to whine all day and night about the freedom of self expression.

To be fair, Americans tend to be more outrageous than us from the UK (read: Jerry Springer show)

Get real, Mardi Gras / Gay Pride is about accepting who you are, and being how you want.

Mardi Gras IS another name for Gay Pride - hey, I thought the Pride bit might give you an idea of what its about.

Have a look here, does anything in the following photos offend you, if so, why? doesnt too me - its losts of people showing who they are and having fun.
    http://www.first-web.co.uk/richardb/brighton2000.htm

BTW, the bit you thought was a joke about kids, I wasnt joking.

Pete

P.S - PLEASE look at the URLs Ive posted before replying.
    Mardi Gras meaning gay pride? Explain. Is it in some other language? If they had a Gay Pride parade, and renamed it Mardi Gras -- well, crap, that's nothing. All it means is that they decided to turn it into one event.

Oh, and it was a joke, eh? Ok, so then answer what I said: If you want to talk about judging people, should we or should we not allowed to tell our children, or anyone else, that lying is bad? Or is that "judging" people.

Oh, by the way, please don't refer to people here as ignorant...GOD SAYS NOT TO JUDGE PEOPLE, so of course, by your logic, we can't say anything critical of anyone EVER, right? Geez.

Oh, and don't assign me homework. I really don't appreciate it. The links were useless essentially. As pointed out above clearly, you don't seem to realize where self-expression (IN PUBLIC!) is limited. You can't express yourself any way at all, because we have laws. In addition, the argument about the parade has NOTHING to do with gay pride, so, once again, I'm being told to read something which has no bearing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    man...let's clear the air here a bit. I am pretty sure that no one here has said "AIDS is a gay-only disease".

I understand that both hetero's AND homo's get AIDS. I think we all do. As for who has a higher chance of getting it...does it really matter? AIDS is a terrifying and 100% fatal disease. People on both sides of the fence should take precautions that would help prevent its spread.
    Adobe Certified Coldfusion MX 7 Developer
    Adobe Certified Advanced Coldfusion MX Developer
    My Blog (new) | My Family | My Freelance | My Recipes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by heavy
    HIV/AIDS is a gay disease primarily.
    Erm, whats that above then creole?
    Current Projects:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by TWTCommish
    Oh, and don't assign me homework. I really don't appreciate it. The links were useless essentially. As pointed out above clearly, you don't seem to realize where self-expression (IN PUBLIC!) is limited. You can't express yourself any way at all, because we have laws. In addition, the argument about the parade has NOTHING to do with gay pride, so, once again, I'm being told to read something which has no bearing.
    So you never brought up the Gay Pride march in San Fransisco then?

OooooKaay
    Current Projects:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by TWTCommish
    norfett: before you go off calling other ignorant (others, I might add, who have some statistics to back them up, at least!), watch your own words. Did he say 90% of Africans with HIV were gay?

Want to talk about ignorant? How about slinging the word homophobic around all the time as a way to try to scare people into backing off? I don't know your motives, but I'm really, really, really tired of that word. Find a better word that doesn't imply ridiculous things, and don't discredit stats unless you have a solid reason.
    You are homophobic- and I'll use that word if I please, It's true. No, he didnt, but he did say, and I quote:

HIV/AIDS is a gay disease primarily.
    Which brings the question, does he then think all Africans are gay? do you understand now? Good.
    Current Projects:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you never brought up the Gay Pride march in San Fransisco then?

OooooKaay
    You're really making yourself look bad. Read what I said: what they do is lewd and in poor taste, regardless of their sexual preference. Got it now?

You are homophobic- and I'll use that word if I please, It's true. No, he didnt, but he did say, and I quote:
    Nice. You stick your fingers in your ears and say "I'm gonna do what I want...nah nah nah." Use any word you please, but you're using them poorly. Oh, and I'm not afraid of homosexuals. I only have something against those that want to shove it in my face, or act lewd in public. Why don't you get some facts straight before insulting someone, eh?

Which brings the question, does he then think all Africans are gay? do you understand now? Good.
    Geez, do you speak English? Primarily could mean 50.1%. Goodness.

Oh, and what of the "judging others" comment?

********* Callithumpian silver trophy freakysid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just like to point out that the annaul Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras in Sydney is broadcast on national evening TV, usaually around 8-10pm if my memory serves me correctly. Family viewing time. There is nothing lewd or tasteless about the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras. Lots of beautiful bodies (the bare chested Dykes on Bikes do steam me up I will admit ). It is a show for the whole family.

BTW, I am suprised no one has brought out the (queen) smilie. Seems rather approriate, no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At last, someone with sense, see Chris?

IT ISNT lewd or bad taste - London's, Brighton's and all the UK ones are in very good taste.

Don't judge them all after seeing only one - isnt it you who should get yer facts straight before posting?
    Current Projects: