User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question software for website template design

hello everyone,

what tools you use for website template design, i want to develop a template html,css, xhtml based, which would be the best tools

currently i am using macromedia dreamweaver and m$ frontpage, but it lacks somewhere, other option available to me are adobe photoshop, but does it support web templates, also please mention resource site having tuts,

please comment on this ....

also mention any other tools you use for website design.

regards
    nuke

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Macromedia Fireworks, and Adobe Photoshop are probably the most known tools of the trade. Personally I make a template in photoshop, then slice it up and insert it into my html.

SitePoint Enthusiast devonmallory's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dreamweaver actually is quite good if you want to design a template and use it for many different pages. It makes it simple, and you can constrict where in the template you can create the custom content. The auto update of all pages created from the template is an indispensible feature!

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy Nadia P's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Photoshop is a graphics program as is Fireworks. You would create your layout / graphical elements in either program, slice up the images and save them. You would then put the page together using dreamweaver. As Devonmallory already mentioned, DW is great for saving your page as a template and then creating child pages from this template.

Nadia

The Mind's I ® silver trophy Dark Tranquility's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Frontpage should not be used Dreamweaver is not that brilliant but it is better than FP for sure ! ALso you may consider Adobe Golive ! Well for graphic layout PHotoshop is the best deal IMO there are also other good graphics softwares like Corel Draw, Paint Shop Pro or Fireworks !

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notepad/Photoshop, dreamweaver is good if you're new to html and website design.

SitePoint Wizard gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy dc dalton's Avatar
    Right behind you, watching, always watching.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Photoshop for GFX work ....... editplus for code... I really HATE WYSIWYG's and ALL their built in problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use phtoshop and fireworks for graphics, topstyle pro for css and html kit for everything else. No need for wysiwyg unless you're just starting out and don't know what effect a given style rule is going to have on layout when you use it.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I have been using MS NotePad to compose webpages for many many years. In order to cope with the world, I begin to use DreamWeaver a few month ago. This should increase the speed to compose webpages.

I use Paint Shop Pro for graphic design - learning time should be shorter than PhotoShop.