User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tomb Raider

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris...

The relationship between Alex West (the american archaeolgist) and Lara Croft was implied. I picked up on that too. However, I don't think that she "got back with him", I just think that she didn't want him to be killed for no reason like he was.
    Adobe Certified Coldfusion MX 7 Developer
    Adobe Certified Advanced Coldfusion MX Developer
    My Blog (new) | My Family | My Freelance | My Recipes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I speak as someone who's played Tomb Raider before, and watched others play it for hours. Angelina Jolie was more like Lara Croft than you can reasonably expect any human to be. I think that qualifies as "well-acted."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by creole
    Chris...

The relationship between Alex West (the american archaeolgist) and Lara Croft was implied. I picked up on that too. However, I don't think that she "got back with him", I just think that she didn't want him to be killed for no reason like he was.
    Perhaps you're mistaking me for someone else -- I don't think she got back with him either. I just think she, in a sense, forgave him.

Anyway, the butler wasn't exactly old. He's in his mid-thirties, and gained some fame by playing "Rimmer" in the British comedy "Red Dwarf" -- which wasn't half-bad. What I really want to know is why they expect us to believe she lives with two men near her age, with no relationship really implied. The butler should have been played by an older actor. Would have made more sense that way.

Anyone seen my cypher? OneChance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by TWTCommish
    I would. I wouldn't necessarily judge FILMS by the awards they've won, but, while I don't always agree with the Oscars, I don't see them handing out awards to undeserving individuals all that often. Seems to me as if all the candidates are pretty solid, just about all the time.
    You can't be serious. In 1997 Helen Hunt got an Oscar for Actress in a Leading Role for the movie As Good As It Gets. I've seen that movie, several times, and she absolutely sucked in it. One moment she has one accent, sort of a white trashy accent, and the next moment she has no accent. There were times when I couldn't even understand what she was saying because her fake accent was so over the top. All she pretty much did throughout the movie was give her trademark condescending smile like she did time and again on Mad About You. She certainly did not deserve that Oscar.

And give me a break, Tom Cruise nominated for Actor in a Leading Role for Jerry Maguire? It seems that if you yell a few times at the top of your lungs and smile a bit, and the kids love ya, you'll get nominated for an Oscar. Don't even get me started on the MTV Movie Awards. What a sham that is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The MTV Movie Awards are supposed to be fun.

Oh, and I'm dead serious. Cruise was very good in Jerry Maguie, and even though Hunt may not have been my first choice, she wasn't bad -- no way. I didn't hear any accent. Perhaps your hearing is better than mine.

SitePoint Enthusiast heth2bthere's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw it last night... I thought it was pretty good! Not the best I have seen this year (I give that one to Pearl Harbor) but def. action packed and awesome stunts. Nice to see a female kick butt in a movie. Guys get too much credit for being tuff.
    *Heth*
    www.plusoneplanet.com
    www.tvguide.cjb.net
    Halo Promotions

SitePoint Enthusiast heth2bthere's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more question,
    Does anyone know the name of the actor who played her father?

I've got a bet going with someone on who he is but I need to know his name to see if I'm right.
    *Heth*
    www.plusoneplanet.com
    www.tvguide.cjb.net
    Halo Promotions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know the name of the actor who played her father?
    Jon Voight, her real father, which puts a little ironic twist to the whole movie.

Anyway, I saw the movie a few days ago and thought it was a big let down. This movie did not live up to all the hype. Some of the scenes where cool, but most where lacking something.

Okay, Jolie was nice eye candy throught out the movie, but overall, it was not worth the money.
    [www.fuzzylizard.com]
    Web Design | Flash | ColdFusion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on the previews, it looks like it's not worth paying $8 bucks to see. I think I'll wait till it's available for rent. Seems like the past 5 years the majority of movies aren't worth going to the theatre for.

I have seen Girl Interrupted and Gone in 60 seconds. Angelina is really good in Girl Interrupted and sexy in 60 seconds. I consider her a pretty good actress.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, all the good parts of the movie are already in the trailers. There is nothing really new in the movie that hasn't already been show in one preview or another.

Another bad thing about the movie is that the action never last long enough for you to really get into it. I found it very jerky in terms of timing and what was happening on screen. Just as you where getting into the action, it would stop. It all seemed to easy for everyone on screen to get out of.

Anyway, enough of my trashing the movie. I am sure other people will have found it a wonderful movie.

BTW, I think the best movie that I have seen with Angelina Jolie in it has got to be Hackers. Excellent movie, and she does a really good job of the acting in it.
    [www.fuzzylizard.com]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Hackers better than Girl Interrupted?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know, I haven't seen Girl Interrupted. They are two totally different movies though so they would be hard to compare.
    [www.fuzzylizard.com]

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy TheOriginalH's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyway, the butler wasn't exactly old. He's in his mid-thirties, and gained some fame by playing "Rimmer" in the British comedy "Red Dwarf" -- which wasn't half-bad. What I really want to know is why they expect us to believe she lives with two men near her age, with no relationship really implied. The butler should have been played by an older actor. Would have made more sense that way.
    Wow - I used to know him. Chris Barrie right? Used to rent videos from a place I worked MANY moons ago.

H
    ~The Artist Latterly Known as Crazy Hamster~
    922ee590a26bd62eb9b33cf2877a00df
    Currently delving into Django, GIT & CentOS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, the butler wasn't exactly old. He's in his mid-thirties, and gained some fame by playing "Rimmer" in the British comedy "Red Dwarf" -- which wasn't half-bad.
    Red Dwarf is one of my favourite shows of all time. A true classic. I will be interested in seeing how he goes outside the walls of red dwarf.

Tomb Raider opens in Australia tomorrow and I would say its launch is one of the most anticipated this year.
    http://www.avgallery.com.au/ - Your ticket to high-end audio!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, Chris Barrie.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy TheOriginalH's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2p - Don't know much about Ms Joelie. Yes, she's fit - can she act? - can't make a judgement on that yet. Oscars are great fun and almost surreally excessive - but by no means indicate the talent or otherwise of a performer imo. They get it right occasionally, but largely I think there's a bit of an old boys brigade thang going on - meaning little consistency and, unfortunately, little real value (b4 I get flamed, I spent most of my formative years "in" the industry & have seen & heard the barrage of ******** that escapes the lips of luvvies).

Totally ot - does anyone have news of a "Red Dwarf" film? I've heard rumours but have seen nothing concrete.

H
    ~The Artist Latterly Known as Crazy Hamster~
    922ee590a26bd62eb9b33cf2877a00df
    Currently delving into Django, GIT & CentOS