SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Community Construction Zone

Announcing a new site from the SitePoint Community.

In my travels and research, I have looked at a lot of sites that offered to help you build community and provide hints and tips on how to do that. The one thing they were lacking was a true community driven architecture themselves.

In order to provide this, I have created the Community Construction Zone. As far as I know this is the first community driven site dedicated to helping others build community. The goal of the Community Construction Zone is to provide unbiased hints and tips on marketing, promotion, and money-making techniques custom fitted to a community model. These hints and tips will be compiled and edited to create articles and ideas for others to use.

If you currently are running community features on your site or thinking about adding them, stop by and share your ideas with others suffering the same challenges that you are.

Your current SitePoint Forums userid and password is valid on this new site.

I am working on further integration. As of now you can use this address: http://www.sitepointforums.com/community or use the forumjump box to access the new site.

I look forward to seeing everyone there.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Freelance Web Designer KeithMcL's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wayne, this sounds like a great idea. I have a growing community of my own and hope this place can help me build it to become like this community itself.

However, when I try accessing the "zone" I get the error "Sorry you must have at least 0 posts to post in this forum." Any ideas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

June Issue of STart Magazine has community focus

The June issue of STart Magazine (http://www.startmag.com) has the focus of "building a .community". The June issue isn't online yet, but you can get it from the print edition.

This has been a hot topic at our company. I'm an old-timer of CompuServe from back in the early 90's and the communities we built back then. Since the internet became the medium, I don't think there's been a consistent community with staying power. We've debated how to build that level of commitment via the internet and we just haven't come up with a viable solution.

However, SitePoint seems to have a good following and a great start at building one. I'll be following and participating where I can.
    Andrew G. Hargreave, III (GIAC Security Essentials Certified)
    agh3 Consulting
    (email) agh3@agh3.com