SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally Unique - Evolving to Community

What started out as a unique solution to the dangers of Internet users meeting one another on-line through a Positive ID Profile System, is just now beginning to evolve into a community for those who are interested in Internet Safety and Privacy protection.

We have aggressive plans for expansion and futher promotion of the need for our resources, but, having started this on a shoestring budget, and being void of income from ads, we have to patiently wait for cashflow cycles to permit some of them.

We have considered going 501(c)(3) with this whole concept as it is a community service.

Our boards (forum) are not the best, but they are functional, and with either a Donation based change to non-profit, or a cashflow increase we would upgrade, and begin to add other community type services to this domain.

We appreciate links to our services (of course, who doesn't) and feel that they actually enhance the image of those who link to us because their visitors see that there is a concern for Internet Safety and Privacy Protection.

Please feel free to visit.
    www.TheGuardianAngel.com
    The Only place on the web where you can be sure of who you, or your kids, are talking to on-line.

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first thing that comes to my mind is that you need a little viral marketing. If you want your members to be proud of their involvement give them a way to spread your gospel. All you need to do is provide a little graphic that they can put on their own pages and your members will advertise for you. You can also run small contests for new members. The prizes don't have to be large but they do have to be fun.

Getting listed on other security and privacy sites will help you as well.

You could give away family movies in either VHS or DVD every week or every month. Talk to your friends in your home town and you can probably get people to donate items for prizes.

The other thing I see is that you should work on your layout. I see you took a no-nonsense approach to the site but this is a new Internet and the new people coming online today don't understand this. They will see a boring page. I don't suggest going full multimedia but a few up to date graphics and a modern navigation scheme will go a long way to livening up your site. Check out www.freewebtemplates.com for some free examples that don't add a lot of overhead.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have quite a few links on other security and safety sites, and have programs in place to increase that number.

I have been considering a way to run promotions, contests, etc, but they seem difficult to come up with for this type of site. That doesn't mean I've given up. I am continuously considering possibilities.

I like your idea of a graphic for members to place on their sites, and will make one available shortly.

I already have a graphic for an extension to this program for sites that get involved with us in promoting safety based on the old Neighborhood Watch idea (http://www.cyber-hood-watch.org), though it is currently in a protected directory on my main server, the domain points to TheGuardianAngel.com until I'm ready to launch it.

As I mentioned we are partially constrained by cash flow, but there are some things I can move forward with.
    www.TheGuardianAngel.com
    The Only place on the web where you can be sure of who you, or your kids, are talking to on-line.