SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SitePoint Enthusiast joeazoogleads's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The geo-change went into effect mid-day today. You will see the change of conversion as the day progresses.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeazoogleads
    The geo-change went into effect mid-day today. You will see the change of conversion as the day progresses.

Cheers,

Joe
    The smiley payout did NOT revert to what it was prior to International Smileys being introduced it reverted to the payout of 2 months ago!!!! This means I will earn less now than I was with geo targetting from Ask Jeeves... It just went from bad to worse!!!! Less payout for smileys, in house geo-targetting by azoogle...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geez, people, its only been a few hours! Give it at least a couple of days and then we can post how things are going...

I did notice that the geotargeting they were using was total crap, I lost all my UK referrals, so I hope I start getting them back now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed, The cpa payout is now $0.75, it used to be $1 before the geotargeting, I actually preferred the geotargeting with the $1.25 cpa, I was only getting a small percentage of lower paying international leads.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddW
    The smiley payout did NOT revert to what it was prior to International Smileys being introduced it reverted to the payout of 2 months ago!!!! This means I will earn less now than I was with geo targetting from Ask Jeeves... It just went from bad to worse!!!! Less payout for smileys, in house geo-targetting by azoogle...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, we need to get a BIG increase in conversions to see any improvement in earnings...

Doesn't sound too good. ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by funpage
    Indeed, The cpa payout is now $0.75, it used to be $1 before the geotargeting, I actually preferred the geotargeting with the $1.25 cpa, I was only getting a small percentage of lower paying international leads.
    Exactly!

I stressed to my affiliate manager it was $1 before geotargetting and he didn't believe me and said it was .75$! Geotargetting with the $1.25cpa was not as good as $1.00 w/no geo targetting but it's BETTER than $.75 with some "in house" geo-targeting! [Done by azoogle now instead of ask jeeves according to my affilaite manager].

The test period really starts tomororow since today was a half-and-half mixed day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fryman
    So, we need to get a BIG increase in conversions to see any improvement in earnings...

Doesn't sound too good. ..
    Using my statistics from yesterday I need more signups than I had international signups yesterday to break even with the new payouts. Meaning I need all my INT. signups + MORE moved to US to equal what I had been earning with crappy geotargetting. No more bad geotargetting just paying less... I guess it's another way for them to payout less ???

SitePoint Enthusiast BeauCreative's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I dont think anyone should be complaining about the CPA decrease. Smileys were at $0.70 since summer 04' and were at $0.55 prior to that. If you look at it as being a $0.05 increase from what has been the norm for 10 months, then it is good news.

The $1 cpa was only since the beginning of April and if you look at what took place, they did this after they implemented geo-targetting, which was removed after 1.5 days, and then re-implemented 19 (i think) days later.
    BeauCreative Web Development
    FotoFight Photography Contests
    Engolfed - Link Exchange? Write for us? PM Me.
    datingUpdate | BiographyCollection - Link Exchange? PM Me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5 cents increase in 10 months is "good"??

That's BS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are plenty of CPA programs online that never increase their cpa. You sould like they are obligated to pay out more for the same action over time while that action isnt getting any more valuable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you even promoting the smileys campaign? Or just butting in without any basis? You have never posted on any Azoogleads thread before and sudenly you are a real expert on the subject.

Paying an amount for a program and then just changing that payout from one day to the other seems absurd. And even worse is going to rates that are almost a year old. Is this was just a rollback, ok, then go back to what you were paying before the geotargeting test, but going back even further is ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, Im not here to argue.

Yes I do promote the smileys campaign (at a very high volume), and I would like the payout to be higher too. However, all I am saying is that they are paying a higher rate than they were before all of this geo-targetting stuff took place, and shouldnt be criticized for going back to that rate if that is what is needed to stay profitable.

I was criticizing them on the basis of geo-targetting because it was incorrect, not because it caused me to make less money.

SitePoint Enthusiast service@musiccds's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the $1.25 payout was better , i am still making the same amount of leads however the payout is now only $0.75 , does any one feel the same ?

Oh and please PM me if you want to exchange links and you own a free stuff site