SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smiley Central on AzoogleAds - URGENT: Int. Divert

Check your azoogle ads starting on 21 april if you run smileys. You'll notice a drop on US installs and an increase on international installs. I've asked various people and I see the same from all of them. I've always supported azoogleads, but this is going to effect my income by maybe $10,000 a year, so I'm not going to support them here. Post your opinions, and Alex, please come here and explain the azoogle side of this, because you've got a lot of unhappy publishers...
    Sean Spurr @ Incka Limited
    Fun Games - put games on your site GamesForYourWebsite.com!
    Sites:ABCDEFGHIJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exact same for me... half of my U.S.A downloads went to International.
    I`ve contacted my azoogleads rep about this, and heard nothing back!

The same thing happened ONCE last month as well... after it happened azoogleads disabled international smileys now it seems they are back.

Looking at my weblogs and comparing to my azoogleads international signups 80% of my international visitors clicked on the ad and signed up!!
    RED FLAG - RED FLAG!! There is no 80% conversion because 80% of my international vistiors are NOT leaving my site and downloading... tracking is WAY OFF, and we expect it to be corrected starting from 4/21.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw this on the homepage:

'AskJeeves has started a geo-target scrub on both our US and UK Smiley campaigns. Due to an extremely large amount of international traffic our CPA was being kept down. Once AskJeeves confirms our traffic is back to US/UK only our CPAs will rise significantly. Please be patient. Thanks!'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They could have emailed us, they are always emailing me offers I'm never interested in, and as I do a few thousand a month with this offer, I think they should have emailed to tell me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like it's IAC's doing... We can't be surprised, it's in their nature as a corporation to maximise profits whichever way possible and not care about anything else. Anyone know of another smiley offer, preferably from a private business rather than a corporation.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah happened to me too... my revenue is one fourth what it was.. however, it seems AzoogleAds are planning to increase the CPA for US/UK leads. :/ I would still have it as is if the payout was the same for international leads. What offers are you planning to switch to ? (if that's the case)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wish they would increase the payout for the international leads. 11 lousy cents... and most of the traffic I send them is international

SitePoint Enthusiast BeauCreative's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that the 11 cents is rediculous.. and I also think there is something wrong with the numbers here.

Since this change, I have stopped sending any non us traffic... Ive even stopped sending non-english us traffic... yet I am still getting 50% redirected to international.

As ToddW said, this happened last month (right before they upped the CPA), and then they stopped doing it... I guess we can only hope that they make the same decision again. I am hoping that ask jeeves realizes that their volume wont be nearly as high and will start paying better for international. At least give us the old cpa of $0.70

Quote Originally Posted by incka
    They could have emailed us, they are always emailing me offers I'm never interested in, and as I do a few thousand a month with this offer, I think they should have emailed to tell me...
    This is the only thing that really bugs me about them. My affiliate manager is always calling me and sending me emails that are useless telling me my average per day, what my "goal should be", and "is there anythign else you can promote to get more cash"... but when changes like this happen, I dont hear about them until they are posted on the news two days later

I also like how in this thread Alex of AzoogleAds says he is going to find out about direct downloads and report back on tuesday / wednesday... but that never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by azoogleads
    I'll try to get our rep to confirm with them whether or not we can make this feature available only to SOME publishers and will report back on Tuesday/Wednesday
    BeauCreative Web Development
    FotoFight Photography Contests
    Engolfed - Link Exchange? Write for us? PM Me.
    datingUpdate | BiographyCollection - Link Exchange? PM Me.

fad (n): a craze; interest... Fahd's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SmileyCentral campaigns were running on ad.com for $1 CPA, regardless of geo. Not sure if its still running though!

I think buds has smileys from hotbar running on their network. Not sure of pay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe Websponsors also has a campaign like this.
    The Online Guide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My affiliate manager replied to my e-mail after I called today.

-----

Ask Jeeves (the smilies offer) are doing their own Geo-targeting and scrubing based on that. In other words, they are redirecting the leads they see as International, to the International Smilies.
    The payouts will be increased soon to subsidize your conversions dip, but in regards to the the redirecting, according to Ask Jeeves, it is correct.

-----

So it appears it's out of Azoogle's hands in regards to US/UK/International but I`m hoping they do in fact increase the payout....

Fahd - Do you signup on ad.com or is it through someplace else?

Hopefuly other companies with similiar offers will cause pressure on ask jeeves, and hopefuly azoogle will pressure ask jeeves to correct this geo-targetting problem.

Are web logs enough to prove to Ask Jeeves that their reporting is INCORRECT and they do in FACT owe us the money for U.S.A / UK smileys ?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My earnings has dropped 90% from smiley central program and it surely doesnt look too good! Hope azoogleads will fix it ASAP.
    link exchange with msnrules.com PM me please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took a look at ad.com but it doesn't look like an advertisinsg network

Budsinc has the hotbar program, but they pay less per install.

SitePoint Enthusiast joeazoogleads's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smiley Issue

Hi Guys,

Our apologies for not sending out a mass email about this change, but it was a decision on AskJeeves end that we were forced to go along with. For the past 2 years our affiliates have been sending a very large amount of international traffic through our US only smiley campaign code. This has caused quite a issue on AskJeeves side, and they can no longer absorb the level of non-US consumers.

That being said, they have implemented the geo-targetting (which Ad.com is already using) to our traffic. It has caused many affiliates to experience a large drop in acquistions. We are meeting with AskJeeves this week at Ad-Tech and will continue working with them resolve this issue. We have already been guaranteed that once AJ receives the new metrics on our US-only traffic our CPA will go up significantly. It is our goal to get an increase that will cover the entire drop of acquistions.

I will have more information on this issue after our meeting on Tuesday and will go ahead and share it with all of you. Again, please accept our apologies, we will do our best to make this work out for everyone. Remember if you don't make money, neither do we.

Email me at joe@azoogleads.com with any questions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeazoogleads
    It is our goal to get an increase that will cover the entire drop of acquistions.
    Doesnt seem likely... I dont know about anyone else but id need $15-$18 CPA to make up for it

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no offence to Ask Jeeves, but something seems really fishy here. How can their targeting be THAT bad. It's not even possible. A basic
    IP to Country script written by a 14 year old would do a better job.

I mean what is their geo-targeting. Only counting 68.x.x.x IP's as US? This is teetering on the brink of Fraud on their part. There is no way a company of that size can target that bad. Mean while they are pocketing god only knows how much trom US installs counted as international.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fireklown
    no offence to Ask Jeeves, but something seems really fishy here. How can their targeting be THAT bad. It's not even possible. A basic
    IP to Country script written by a 14 year old would do a better job.

I mean what is their geo-targeting. Only counting 68.x.x.x IP's as US? This is teetering on the brink of Fraud on their part. There is no way a company of that size can target that bad. Mean while they are pocketing god only knows how much trom US installs counted as international.
    Webserver logs showing you don't even have as many International visitors as you do international signups should pretty much do it... We as well as azoogle are probably in contract allowing "ask jeeves" to test or alter tracking and we just have to deal with them while they are "testing" so they are going to drag it out to make more money.. That's my guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I changed my subids all around today to make sure that my international traffic wasnt coming from past cookies.

Currently only ENGLISH USA traffic is going to the new subids... but guess what?

Thats right.. im getting international signups with these new subids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fireklown
    There is no way a company of that size can target that bad.

Ask Jeeves is owned by a publically trading corporation called IAC. Corporations LEGALLY are only allowed to pursue one goal: Maximum Profit. They could be using bad targetting to maximise profit, because legally they have to do so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why donít you contact Ask Jeeves directly if you believe they are wrong?

Ask Jeeves is owned by a publically trading corporation called IAC. Corporations LEGALLY are only allowed to pursue one goal: Maximum Profit. They could be using bad targetting to maximise profit, because legally they have to do so.

fad (n): a craze; interest... Fahd's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ad.com = Advertising.com seems to be the general understanding on this forum and is what I meant.

King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just had to jump in on this comment.

There are no laws stating that a corporation has to maximize profit...

I think you are taking things a little too far here.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gotta agree there. Them being a corporation means nothing.

If a company had XXX amount of employees working 40 hours a week, and they got their paychecks and it was only for 5 hours and said "Sorry we're Beta Testing our new clocks, they said you only got 5 hours, so that's all you get" I don't think that would fly.

There are people out there sending 100% US traffic to them, yet still getting international signups. When you have one signup coming from a charlotte.rr.com (Time Warner Charlotte North Carolina) IP adress. How can that be mis-targeted into counting as international?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same problem here. My revenue is down from $3000 in my best months to under $700 now. No international traffic is being sent - I am doing the geotargeting myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scifie, where did you get the emoticon background from? Looks nice