SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Access database design help

Hey everyone, I haven't used access for a while and i'm struggling to work out how to solve this problem.

Ok, i'm building a database for an estage agent. Main tables will be the property table (address, bedrooms, garage etc) purchaser table (details of the purchaser such as name, address, telephone number) vendor table (details of the person selling the property).

Ok, so the person who is interested in buying a property registers their details with the estate agent (walk into a shop, the staff type in their details) and then they are added to the system, they must also register details of the property they are interested in e.g 4 bed, semi. (not sure where to store this information)

Same principle applys with the vendor, they register their details and also the details of the house they are selling.

The problem I have is, the system should provide information on any new properties that are added to the system that match the potential purchasers criteria. E.g I walk into the shop and the staff add my details, e.g I want a 3 bed house, no garden, 2 reception rooms. It should then be able to query the database and pull out any suitable matches.

I'm just really stuck on how to go about doing this....Any help would be appreciated.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, check Real Estate Properties Data Model from Barry Williams's library. Hope this helps

SitePoint Enthusiast IdowuAkinde's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont know if the link at BArry Williams' helped, but where exactly do u have a problem?

i imagine u might put a flag on the Property table (sth. like "Available"), then query that table (Property) for rows whose fields match the specified criteria (3-bedromom, bungalow, etc) and availability status.

Hope this helps.